If you could have 1 sports car, what would it be?

Koenigsegg seems to make some very nice cars, I'd like to take a look at one of those... :D

Sonic:

Zonda is a true monster. As the reviewer from Car mag said: "If devil had a car, this would be the one!". It's got our biturbo with 612 hp at the moment, it could maybe become the 4/12 (4 turbos, 12 cyl., 850hp) somewhere down the road :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

And: it's got the most vicious sound I've ever heard. It scared the hell out of me when I first heard it :oops:

I'm pretty sure the Zonda isn't a bi/twin turbo car? I thought it had a monster of a V12 engine with a 7.3 liter displacement. I could be wrong, but I love th elooks of that car, it is just so beautiful!

Does anyone else watch Top Gear?

Viper handling isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The only bad (and good) thing about the Viper's handling is that you must know the car. If you go in and try to show off then the car itself will make you look like a fool. Let's just say you need to know how to handle the car, or else the car will handle you.

I didn't know there was an Elise with a hybrid motor, that might be worth something to look into.

I'm actually thinking about getting an Elise for a track car and seeing what kinds of mods can be done to it. The American version is light (heavier than the Euro one I believe though) and comes in at slightly less than 2,000 pounds. It uses the same engine from the Celica but with a few tweaks here and there. The thing about that though, is that it will hand most cars with 100 hp more their asses. I want one real bad, just don't know when they will be on sale or how long the wait is.

To put it simply, anything can be done to a car as long as you have the funds. But having an actual exotic is a much different experience than even owning a modified Z06.

Sonic said:
I didn't know there was an Elise with a hybrid motor, that might be worth something to look into.
I only heard of a purely electric Elise.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post. So is this elise just a prototype or showcase of Lotus technology? Or is it something that Lotus is looking into bringing into production?

Wow, that site you linked to Chickenpants has really skewed numbers. They mus thave taken the slowest 0-60 time for a Diablo I've ever seen. A properly driven Diablo VT should do 0-60 in 4.2 to 4.5 seconds.

Sonic:

That was the old one, the new one has a twin turbo. And they experiment with the 4/12 now, though it's not sure it's going into production ;)

Is this a new model of some sort? Do you have a link, as any info on this new model would be greatly appreciated. I remember the one that was tested in Top Gear was the C12 S and it beat the Lambo Murcielago by a nice margin. that's one of my faovirte episodes!

_xxx_ said:
Koenigsegg seems to make some very nice cars, I'd like to take a look at one of those... :D

Sonic:

Zonda is a true monster. As the reviewer from Car mag said: "If devil had a car, this would be the one!". It's got our biturbo with 612 hp at the moment, it could maybe become the 4/12 (4 turbos, 12 cyl., 850hp) somewhere down the road :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

And: it's got the most vicious sound I've ever heard. It scared the hell out of me when I first heard it :oops:
zonda understeers like mad I hear..

Mclaren F1 ;)

http://www.mclarencars.com/content/sections/mainfr/cars.htm

f1int.jpg

The philosophy behind the F1 road car was simple - to be the finest drivers car ever built, or ever likely to be built…

This meant producing a car not only with outstanding performance but one versatile and usable as an everyday vehicle. The McLaren F1 benefits from World Championship Formula One technology and experience and is the worlds first production road car to feature an all carbon composite monocoque and body structure. This unique material combines the low weight necessary for performance with exceptional strength to exceed demanding industry safety requirements
http://www.bmwworld.com/models/mclaren.htm
bild11.jpg

:oops: 8)

radeonic2 said:
Saem said:
I'm with Basic, the Volta is awesome. Personally, when it comes to these super cars, I'm all about the technology. The Viper, in this regard is probably the stupidest car ever, not to mention the handling sucks.
Care to back up those claims?
I"m sure I could get more than a few vipers owners to dispute the fact.
The problem is it's a street legal racecar, as such, it's setup for grip, not for noobs.

My brother works as a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership, we have a few Vipers in Vancouver and his dealership services them. He's taken a rather close look at them as you can imagine, and he's told me about them. As I said, they are stupid in terms of the technology used within. There really isn't anything interesting, infact, it's all rather old, from a technology stand point. That doesn't excite me. I gather that you failed to understand what aspect of the car I was referring to.

BTW, cheapest stock speed right now is the Neon SRT, you can get stage 1 from the dealer and that thing throws down crazy numbers, but it's definately a straight line racer.

I'm wondering what Honda/Acura is going to put out to replace the NSX, I've heard V10, V8 turbo, V6 with electric assist like the Dualnote.

Saem said:
radeonic2 said:
Saem said:
I'm with Basic, the Volta is awesome. Personally, when it comes to these super cars, I'm all about the technology. The Viper, in this regard is probably the stupidest car ever, not to mention the handling sucks.
Care to back up those claims?
I"m sure I could get more than a few vipers owners to dispute the fact.
The problem is it's a street legal racecar, as such, it's setup for grip, not for noobs.

My brother works as a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership, we have a few Vipers in Vancouver and his dealership services them. He's taken a rather close look at them as you can imagine, and he's told me about them. As I said, they are stupid in terms of the technology used within. There really isn't anything interesting, infact, it's all rather old, from a technology stand point. That doesn't excite me. I gather that you failed to understand what aspect of the car I was referring to.

BTW, cheapest stock speed right now is the Neon SRT, you can get stage 1 from the dealer and that thing throws down crazy numbers, but it's definately a straight line racer.

I'm wondering what Honda/Acura is going to put out to replace the NSX, I've heard V10, V8 turbo, V6 with electric assist like the Dualnote.
You realize DC had help from lamborgini(sp?) to change the base truck V10 into a a more car like V10 right? If you compare the intake runners, you will find they are very similar to lambos.. of that day I presume.
And the control arms are the size of nascars ;)
And no offence, but you're brother taking a look at it doesn't make him some kind of viper engineer, what do you want in an american sports car?
Varible valve timeing or something?
If it had high tech stuff, it would drive the price point up, and right now they do fine with regards to porsches and ferraris on the track.
No offence meant, but I don't exactly fine 450+ hp unexciting, or 1.01 G unexciting, or 70mph slalom+ unexciting, or a torque curve whichs startrs just off idle ;)
And you're claims that the handling sucks have been refuted by someone who owned a viper.
So where does this leave you?

pascal said:
Mclaren F1 ;)

This meant producing a car not only with outstanding performance but one versatile and usable as an everyday vehicle. The McLaren F1 benefits from World Championship Formula One technology and experience and is the worlds first production road car to feature an all carbon composite monocoque and body structure. This unique material combines the low weight necessary for performance with exceptional strength to exceed demanding industry safety requirements

Just make sure you don't stop. Nothing like having your brand new million dollar car overheat from sitting in stop and go traffic for 10 minutes....

Aaron Spink

nothing beats an all-wheel drive supercar 8)

nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Vspec II

Nis_Skyline_r34.jpg

skyline.jpg

plus how many cars have an LCD display inside that shows you exactly how many G's yer pulling and pertinent data on engine/tire pressure and what not :devilish:

1109954.jpg

1109955.jpg

This meant producing a car not only with outstanding performance but one versatile and usable as an everyday vehicle.
I like that caption for the car that has a single seat.

RussSchultz said:
This meant producing a car not only with outstanding performance but one versatile and usable as an everyday vehicle.
I like that caption for the car that has a single seat.

it has 3 seats... the driver sits in a forward position and is flanked by 2 seats on either side that are recessed in the "cockpit"

McLaren_F1_08980_0027_03_02_19.jpg

Back