iDOLM@STER for the 360

xatnys

Regular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpGULNrV3ik&mode=related&search=

:LOL: I didn't see this coming. Those of you who know what idolmaster is might appreciate this. For those that don't know what it is, well, here's a summary from a friend (disclaimer: I'm not sure as to the complete validity of this, but it seems reasonable to me):
(quoting another source) "The Idolmaster features five minigames for raising each members singing and dancing stats. In online multiplayer, competitors vote for their favorite performances, and the unit that survives to the end wins the game..."
(on IRC)
<friend> it's dating sim/card game/stats collecting/strategy
<friend> you train your 'idol" to compete in the tournament against other players
<friend> it's arcade
<friend> when i went to japan
<friend> i saw a bunch of otakus hunched over
<friend> with idolmaster cards
<friend> and mumbling in moonspeak
<friend> it was scary
P.S. This game is not graphics heavy.

I guess an explanation is deserved here. Idolmaster, from what I gather, takes the whole "JP idol" concept and gives it a virtual extension. I knew it was mostly arcade -- no idea namco was planning on pushing it to the 360. I suppose they hit the jackpot so much so that they decided to extend their audience to the console market. Understandable given how big of a deal idols are over there. The idea is amusing, but hot damn does it work well in Japan. :devilish:

Now this is a game that will open up the financially strong Otaku market! Between this and DoAX2, and perhaps Trusty Bell for more serious gaming, how can they resist?

But seriously, seems to be a good entry in the diminutive "Princess Maker" subgenre. Yes, I played one of them. Don't look at me like that.

Back