I'd bet this was the lowpoint of this guy's day.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Hope no one was hurt or I'll feel awful about laughing.

Normally I'd laugh at something like that, but I'm just imagining being the poor guy driving and being tired like I am now. I have nothing but sympathy for the poor guy, especially once he was out of the car and the thing erupted again!

I just hope that wasn't the end to an otherwise bad day because that alone, well yeah...

Blocked by the workplace police, or as I like to call "The Combine forces." Can someone summarize what happened?

I'm in shock of the explosion of water that was. Massive! I've never seen a cap that large, nearly the size of the vehicle (a truck?). I'm actually very surprised that did not result in a much worse event.

Egads, that was the most disgusting thing I've seen I think.

Not just get your car drenched in raw sewage but also yourself and everything inside - it looked like a convertible to me.

I'd say that's a write-off. Can't get tyhat thing clean ever again. I'd like to see the look on the insurance agent's face when reading the claim! :cool:

Or hopefully it ewas just drainwater but considering it wasn't pouring down..

Where did that happen?
Peace.

Anyone else notice the tour bus?

"On your left here you'll see the unluckiest son of a gun known to man..."

On a more serious note, anyone else concerned for this guy's safety? I didn't see any doors opening after impact... And crashing into the cover?! That's like a one in a million chance! That's a highway so he was travelling at a faster than average speed, so that was probably like a missile crashing into his car.

He was driving at about 40 miles per hour because of the rain and he was out of the car when the second fountain came up and he ran and it looked like he was still standing.

That's a really odd place to put a sewer drain.

i notice noone stopped and helped out

i just missed a crash today by 5 minutes, walked by the damage on my way to work - rear ender ( first car was tourists ) the funny thing was yesterday at exactly the same spot (within 10 meters ) there was a 3 car crash ( within the same time period 12:15-12:30 ).
amazing coincidence apart from a few factors ( its prolly nz's busiest 2 lane road, theres a beach on the right by thus drivers perv + dont look at the road )

i notice noone stopped and helped out

I noticed that. People who must have seen the whole thing slowed for a rubberneck, then kept on going. Poor guy. Our isolationist society makes me feel sick sometimes... especially when after that, the guy no doubt could have used a pat on the back and a "it'll be ok", no doubt.

Back