I want a laptop

mkillio

Regular
Where can I find the best deals? I don't want a super nice one or anything, preferably between a 14" and 15" screen. Probably a Pentium-M. Also does having more L1 and L2 cache make a really big difference in performance? I have no problem with it not coming with an OS.

As much as I hate to admit it....Dell will have what you are looking for. Sony's are nice but dont know if they are affordable or last that long anyway. HP is great. Bro got one for 1100 I think...athlon 64 bit 2 ghz, 512 mb ram, 60 gig hdd, x300 gpu, b/g wireless card, 15 inch screen. He upgraded the ram and got a 7200 rpm spinner....speedy laptop!

digitalwanderer said:
I want a bucket of $50 bills so I could afford a laptop. :oops:
That gave me an idea. A bucket is an excellent place to keep $50 bills in because who would think you kept them there? I mean, in a bucket? C'mon! Excellent!

Sorry for the OT

suryad said:
As much as I hate to admit it....Dell will have what you are looking for. Sony's are nice but dont know if they are affordable or last that long anyway. HP is great. Bro got one for 1100 I think...athlon 64 bit 2 ghz, 512 mb ram, 60 gig hdd, x300 gpu, b/g wireless card, 15 inch screen. He upgraded the ram and got a 7200 rpm spinner....speedy laptop!
Too true. Last time I thought I'd be able to get a laptop I had some friends help me put together a HELL of a deal on a Dell laptop!

It was like a $2,400 laptop for $1,100 after all the discounts/specials, you can really get some faboo deals on them.

Back