I need to get rid of a system... which one...

Send back which system?

• send that refurb shizzle back, and keep your current system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swordfish

Newcomer
I need to get rid of one of my Dell systems. I had Dell send me a replacement system because my current system has bad graphics, but the new system also has bad graphics (meaning they both have bad graphics)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18107

But I need to return one of them.

Current system: Dell 8300 P4 2.6 768 mb ddr RAM, soundblaster live 16 bit, and an ATI Radeon 9800 non pro AGP (turns out its non pro :/)

New System: Refurbished Dell 8400 PR 3.0 1 gb RAM, soundblaster live 24bit and an ATI x300 pciE (which is an utterly shitty card)

Current System: free, until i need to upgrade the card.

New System: requires an immediate video card upgrade, which would cost about $150-$600 but has a gig of ram and has 3.0 ghz. so with the investment it would tower above my current system. but with the investment. Plus I think this system would have better resale value when I go to sell it on ebay and ditch all this Dell shit.

so what do you think?

I figure an upgrade to an X700 Pro/XT should put you above where the old system was with the 9800-nonPro and slower cpu. Granted the full upgrade to an X800 XT-Vivo/XT-PE would be the best, but costs quite a bit more...

Keep the faster, send back the older, then sold the faster.

Finally put together or by a custom-built A64 stuff - as of today I can't imagine who's going to pay for that piece of shit, called Pentium 4.

I can't figure out why would anybody buy Intel now... slower, no 64-bit for next year, slow shitty memory controller (not to mention the crappy chipset + horrible socket), HOT LIKE A STOVE - an utterly dumb decision nowadays.

Back