I fried 8 dim sims

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Why does the oil keep popping? Is it because I washed the tray just before using it or the dim sims are fried?

Does it matter if some bits like the bottom of the dim sim are golden or white?

I hate the popping, because of it I had to fry on the lowest flame.

Spattering in oil usually means there is water in it, and you probably had the temp a bit too high.

What kind of oil was it? They all have different burning temperatures. I usually find a medium-medium/low flame on a skillet with about 3 Tbsp of oil would work righteously for something like that.

Just make sure you let the pan/oil warm up for about 5 minutes before cooking, that's a bit important too. Otherwise you'll have hot-spots all over your pan.

Olive oil is good, I prefer coconut oil lately...it has a very high burning temp so it's hard to burn it. ;)

You're looking to make the side touching the pan golden brown, then flip it over and brown the other side. If you overcook it and it turns dark brown/black it'll be a bit crunchy and/or gross. (Depending on your tastes, I've never minded a few burnt bits meself.)

_xxx_ said:
I just read this as "if you overclock"...too much hanging around on HW sites :oops:
:LOL:

I've done similar things more than a few times. I just have a bit of experiencing cooking to, having done it for the family for the last 9 years or so. :)

Guden Oden said:
Coconut oil is very high in saturated fat, afaik. Maybe not the best choice for a heart attack victim?
Picky, picky, picky. :rolleyes:

You're right though, but I don't eat any of that kind of stuff...I just cook it. (And I HATE making bacon for my wife now, it is absolute torture to cook it up perfect and not get to eat any! :? )

Back