Hudson Soft switches to PS3

I hate Mario Party .. but I would love to see a Super Bomberman. I still play 4 player battles with my SNES even today.

mckmas8808 said:
Everytime someone goes to the PS3 it always going to be someone saying that they don't do anything impressive. Lets give them a chance first.

Uhhh I gave them a chance. MP 1-5. Bomberman for the N64.

Hudson has always been better at quirky, intuitive games with great gameplay. Never have they been known for their graphics skills. Not saying they could not do some great stuff BUT this gen is as much about ARTISTS and ENGINES as it is HW. Hudson would need to go out and find some... like quick.

I also expect it to be a tag line anytime we see a developer switched, we will see the byline in the press statement:

"We went to system X because of power and better tools".

Why? Because it is marketing and re-affirming the company's SALES PITCH. If you are aligning yourself with a company of COURSE you are going to EMPHASIZE their sales pitch.

But Factor 5 and Hudson would be only marginal gains. They will appeal to certain fans.

Now if Sony gets Bioware for Jade Empire 2 or if they can get Ninja Guiden as exclusives THEN we will talk. Those would be big, like MS getting a FF game or if they could get a MGS or GTA exclusive.

These smaller fish are GREAT because they fill out the portfolio, but looking at a company like Factor 5 (who dropped a stinky bomb with their last RL game) you have to be fair about it. RL3 sold like junk because it was a BAD game.

If they do not offer anything better for the PS3 they wont get great sales there either. And yes, I have played the RL:RS games (own the N64 and first cube one)... there is a reason I did not buy the last one (and the other two are good but flawed--and I would NOT have bought them if they were not SW games).

eDoshin said:
I hate Mario Party .. but I would love to see a Super Bomberman. I still play 4 player battles with my SNES even today.

Bomberman was really cool... I always wondered why the series fizzled. THe SNES version was better than the N64 one imo (and did they not try then to do a RPG-like one??) Maybe sales were not great?

I would think it would be easy/cheap to make one... every platform should have a classic bomberman! It would appeal to retro gamers :)

Can't believe anyones taking this seriously. Hudson aren't even a Nintendo exclusive company. This generation they've made 20 GBA games, 16 PS2 games, 13 GC games, 5 DC games, 2 N-Gage games, 2 PSP games and 1 DS game.

mckmas8808 said:
Everytime someone goes to the PS3 it always going to be someone saying that they don't do anything impressive. Lets give them a chance first.
It was a joke post, for the 10000th time.
Hudson, just like Atlus, now, belongs to Konami and they will develop games for the PS3, the Rev and X360.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

On other news, in the wake of the consoles' unveiling, some crappy singers are already leaning towards one platform.

"I was shocked by how powerful the new consoles are," said Michael Bolton, 60' soul hits plagiarist. "They should really free me some time from my daily research of the next classic song I will massacre."

Bolton said his carrer -- which include crap version of Georgia on My Mind -- would continue exclusively on the Sony PlayStation 3.

The choice boiled down to performance, Bolton said at The Riviero Palace, a $20 Motel, in Downtown Los Angeles. His producers worked with Microsoft's Xbox 360, but found PlayStation 3's 3.2GHz Cell chip offered more processing power. The additional performance will allow Michael Bolton to more easily rip-off the real singers and artists for a better Country radio experience, he said.

:LOL:

Man that is funny Vysez. Encore!!! I think you should mock EVERY announcement like that!

Acert93 said:
eDoshin said:

Bomberman was really cool... I always wondered why the series fizzled. THe SNES version was better than the N64 one imo (and did they not try then to do a RPG-like one??) Maybe sales were not great?

I would think it would be easy/cheap to make one... every platform should have a classic bomberman! It would appeal to retro gamers :)

I don't think I ever played thru any one adventure in the series .. I just liked that first map in the 4 player battle mode. I just need the classic game .. no particle effects, bump mappings, and 3D polygons. It'd be a perfect online game cuz nowadays its hard to get groups of friends together on a whim.

I am looking forward to another online-enabled Bomberman Online title, just like the Dreamcast version, and a Japan-only release of Bomberman for PlayStation 2.

My only worry is that now they'll attach all the usual fancy words to a fantastic old-skool game like Bomberman...

Such as...

Open-ended... Photorealistic... Next-gen...

:? o_O

Back