Hudson Soft switches to PS3

bbot

Regular
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=5340054&postcount=67

quote:

Hudson chooses Playstation 3, says performance the deciding factor

The developer of Bomberman and Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 emerged from Nintendo's torture chambers to announce that the company has joined the ranks of Sony's first-party developers working exclusively on the upcoming Playstation 3 console.

"Our creativity was stifled by the corporate hierarchy within Nintendo. We needed to find a development partner that sees technology the way we do, and the PS3 is the only machine capable of showing off our vision for the future. Sony has been very supportive in this transition. After seeing that Killzone demo, we knew our decision was correct", said a company representative.

The developer will begin development on "Ape Escape Jam!", the first in a series of family entertainment titles this Fall.

More as it develops.

bbot said:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=5340054&postcount=67

quote:

Hudson chooses Playstation 3, says performance the deciding factor

The developer of Bomberman and Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 emerged from Nintendo's torture chambers to announce that the company has joined the ranks of Sony's first-party developers working exclusively on the upcoming Playstation 3 console.

"Our creativity was stifled by the corporate hierarchy within Nintendo. We needed to find a development partner that sees technology the way we do, and the PS3 is the only machine capable of showing off our vision for the future. Sony has been very supportive in this transition. After seeing that Killzone demo, we knew our decision was correct", said a company representative.

The developer will begin development on "Ape Escape Jam!", the first in a series of family entertainment titles this Fall.

More as it develops.

I'm sorry but i have to laugh.

Hmmmm... I actually enjoyed the bomberman games so I'm pretty excited about this. I'm not gonna argue and say that they switched for one reason or another, but either way I'm glad to see that PS3 is getting support since I'll be getting it (and probably a 360 as well, but not sure yet).

Ah yes, the sheer unbridled technology-pushing that they've done before... ;)

I have a feeling it's more wrapped up in that "corporate hierarchy" comment, and everything else is just to fill out a press release.

:LOL: Hudson does Nintendo DS games, use your brain for the legitimacy of this news (or the comment).

This is kinda funny. When was the last time Hudson Soft released a technically impressive game? If they can't even push current generation hardware then why do they claim PS3 support due to hardware?

Oh and what's with Nintendo holding them back? Absolute nonesense. :LOL:

Well, if they say their "creativity was stiufled by Nintendo corpration hierarchy" they must know better how it's been than most forum members here.
Maybe they were just assigned by Nintendo those not-so-creative games that did not require much technical excellence and they believe with Sony they're more free to come up with new games.

PC-Engine said:
This is kinda funny. When was the last time Hudson Soft released a technically impressive game? If they can't even push current generation hardware then why do they claim PS3 support due to hardware?

Oh and what's with Nintendo holding them back? Absolute nonesense. :LOL:

Well now Bomberman will have explosions that look like Star Wars explosions, cause we all know that PS3 is able to render Star Wars in realtime :LOL: . Also, apes will escape like the real things. :LOL:

Hudson? They are multi-platform all along. Just that they publish all their own games except Mario Party, which Nintendo publishes.

"Our creativity was stifled by the corporate hierarchy within Nintendo.
I recall a report about a senior member from N's internal studio leaving stating "hierarchy reasons/politics". Anyone remember a link to that?

needed to find a development partner that sees technology the way we do, and the PS3 is the only machine capable of showing off our vision for the future.
Actually their products are not being known for technical achievements. That's just the usual PR talk. If anything, probably the 'corporate hierarchy issues/contractual disagreements' led them to make this move and drop Mario Party.

Wow! Sold on the-game-that-cannot-be-mentioned uh? Maybe Hdson think that KX demo was made on Sony's new 'FPS Creation Kit' and they can throw something like that together in 15 minutes?

I guess we can look forwards to bomberman with 12,600 players at once...Realtime raytraced with full GI and procedural materials, of course :D

:LOL: :rolleyes:

Um, guys. Did you notice the link to this post. TeamXbox? Its a joke news post. The Xbox cognoscenti tending to their collective Sony induced shriv with the power of humor.

I dont even think Hudson Soft is around anymore.

Hudson Soft is still around. They're still making games for Nintendo consoles GCN and DS included. They also made a PSP game. I think they merged with Konami.

Even if they stay with Nintendo I could care less...

I love the Mario Party games... but man alive, they have really just recycled the same format, taken out the best minigames, and give you only a few new good ones every year and a ton of BLAH!

And as of MP5 (and from the reviews if I remember correctly 6) they still had you watching this long turns from the computer. They could hae just made an option to speed it up... how hard would that have been?

Anyhow... meh.

Does it even matter if this one is true???

Getting Epic on board was HUGE. Getting F5, if they have a SW licensed game, is pretty big (that hurts Nintendo imo).

Hudson would be a great addition to the PSP though if they could get PSP exclusives.

Hey mckmas8808, it's almost certain that this post was a joke, since it came from teamxbox. But you are right, certain people will bash a company just because it started to support a company they don't like.

Back