HUB help

mrboo

Regular
Ive just been given an old hub its a netgear DS104 dual speed hub, the plan is to use it so that i can connect BOTH my PC, PS2 and my xbox 360 to the net at the same time. But i have no clue how to do it, can you even use a hub for that purpose? Can anyone please tell me how to set it all up or atleast post a link that will tell me?

Thanks in advance

MrBoo

I believe it's possible to do what you want. The best way is to use your PC as the router and have the connection shared from there (using Internet Connection Sharing), but to do this you'll need two network cards (and also need to have your PC on. You want to create two networks, which you'll do by having one network connection to the modem and the other to the hub. If you have a USB modem you won't need two network cards, otherwise you'll need to purchase an additional network card to connect to the modem.

Once you have connected one network connection to your modem and the other to the hub you'll need to share your Internet connection. The following website describe pretty well what you have to do to do this:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/

Back