How many years was the the computer really set back...

_xxx_ said:
Guden Oden said:
_xxx_ said:
You could upgrade _some_ minor stuff with Amiga, but it was nowhere near the upgradability of the PC, even back then. My uncle had one of those old IBM AT's (or was it XT?) and even back then he upgraded his RAM, HD, and gfx card regularly.
Um dude, PCs HAD no built-in gfx, so of course you needed to upgrade it. Besides in the XT era the PC had nothing that touched the Amiga gfx-wise so why would you need to upgrade?
Anyway, you don't seem to know a whole lot on the subject of Amigas, so I'd be quiet from now on if I were you. :LOL: I owned and used an Amiga from 87 to 97, so I have "a bit" of experience you might say... ;)

Heh, I owned the 500 back then when it came out. It was good for games and nothing else. By the time the 2000 came, PC's were waaaay beyond that already. So I really don't know much about anything after the 500, but then why should I? :LOL:

The 500 and 2000 came out at the same time (1987). The small models (500,600,1200) had only limited upgrading possibilities mainly due to size, but 2000,3000,4000 were quite upgradable, with a Video slot, CPU slot, the Zorro II/III slots, even ISA slots.

Back