How do you remove credit card from XBL account?

infinity4

Veteran
Okay, I have 11 months left on XBL and since I am busy studying, I chose to give up playing games, and hand over my GT to my friend. Problem is, that I need to remove my credit card details, or otherwise my friend would use it.

Has anyone tried to remove the card off LIVE account? It seems it takes very stupid process, since you can't remove it either from XBL page or from MS billings page. They done this on purpose. My searches showed that you have to call them and give ur details, but isn't this illegal unless it is in their terms of conditions?

:devilish:

Any advice would be grateful.

What is illegal about requiring a phone call? As far as I know, that is the only way to cancel or remove CC info.

Even when you call you have to bitch for it. They'll tell you some shit like how they can't do that but just keep bitching until you get an escalation.

You have to call microsoft

I canceled my XBL because of that.

You have to call them to cancel your subscritbtion, which atleast in Norway is illegal. E-mails for this sorts of services are enough to terminate these kind of contracts by law in Norway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thanks. If I have to give them my credit card details, I will just ask my credit card to be reissued. ---annoying---

look up what xbl calls them selves when they charge your account and call your credit card company and tell them to stop any transactions from them. you dont have to deal with all the BS plus they give you like 3 months of free xbl becuase it takes them that long to figure out why isnt your card working.

its like trying to cancel AOL

Okay, they now are telling me it will take 30 days at maximum. If I ever knew about this duh.... will always need to use codes now, always!

Use disposable a credit card to sign up. Then use Live cards to add time. Sure it costs $5 more to get a disposable card, but you never have to worry about your CC details being stolen or misused.

I have 11 months left on my subscription, I am good to go in that aspect. Unless this thing takes much less time...

I am finding that I can't remove card details from a lot of internet shopping sites as well... what is going on!!!

Back