Holy ****

Sure, but I still think that it really shows how far AMD has come. I don't remember ever seeing a CPU poll previously that has more than a 30/70 split. Even among a specific demographic I think it's a pretty amazing result (and firingsquad isn't at all an AMD fansite).

Well if nothing else it is good to see consumers doing somehting intelligent and buying a product that suits them better. (That is a gaming site afterall)

Also interesting that (at time of posting) 63% will be going for Nvidia as opposed to only 36% for ATI.

well if this would last for a few more years, and if AMD managed to turn a profit we could almost say that the CPU industry has some kind of balance ;-)

anyhow it is good to see, and good that even general population of a gaming site is well aware of the best products for their respective interest

Diplo said:
Also interesting that (at time of posting) 63% will be going for Nvidia as opposed to only 36% for ATI.
Well, bear in mind that results may be colored somewhat by the release of the 7800 GTX to a silent ATI. Things may change somewhat once ATI's coming lineup is more apparent.

Druga Runda said:
well if this would last for a few more years, and if AMD managed to turn a profit we could almost say that the CPU industry has some kind of balance ;-)

AMD has turned a profit the last two years afaik, but only ~$25 million each time.

I think AMD's popularity with the gaming community is the result of two concurrent factors: better core logic chipsets than what were previously available years ago for AMD processors, and the A64 architecture.

There is really no educated vote that can be placed for the GPU. We dont know what NV, or ATi will have next year.

Back