Hogwarts Legacy [PC Details]

Decent fixes:
  1. Fixed issue with RTAO looking worse than SSAO.
  2. Shader type compilation optimization.
  3. Shader compilation performance updates and functionality enhancements.
  4. Resolved issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.

Love how they hide away potentially huge updates as single bullet points hidden away at the end of a big change log. Although I will laugh if this:
  1. Resolved issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.
Just means the game is slower on AMD GPU's now :ROFLMAO:

Btw the driver overhead on AMD could that be happening only on systems with AMD's CPU's and smart memory access enabled? Would make sense, any website tested it with on and off and see the cpu thread usage and performance impact?

• Resolved an issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.
Lol is this now considered a bug?

• Resolved an issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.
Lol is this now considered a bug?
It was terrible wording that will probably trigger fanboys but I'm assuming it had to do with the severe performance differential in highly CPU limited scenarios were all Nvidia GPUs had terrible performance in this title.

Some games just behave abnormally low in cards from the same tier that they look broken in some way. Dirt 5's review code with RT back when RDNA 2 launched was around 30% or so faster than their nvidia counterparts. Went like this for a couple of months. Then after the regular version was finally patched with RT nvidia went from 30% deficit to being slightly ahead. I imagine something similar is what they're refering here

So is this streaming stutter or RAM overflow to Pagefile stutter? It goes back to normal once I stop. Once I move the camera, it stutters heavily. (Its not an HDD btw, its an NVME SSD, but a budget one, Kingston a2000. Afterburner labels them as HDD so I didn't bother). This is on with low settings at 1080p

Then comes this video;

This user also seemingly has 16 GB RAM,yet they do not have the kind of stutters I have.

They have a i5 8400 and I have a 2700x and I wondered if poor CCX latency is causing these issues (then again, I've tried with 4/8 single CCX setup and it still stuttered) Maybe simply CPU architecture sucks for streaming? Or could it be that my SSD sucks when it comes to this game and can't handle the load?

Mere month ago, I've tried Spiderman miles morales on 1X8 GB RAM just for the hell of it.

The game run quite fine. What I noticed that it also used Pagefile extensively since it requires mere memory. But for some weird reason, it did not exhibit extreme stuttering like Hogwarts Legacy does. So practically, Miles Morales ran smoothly somehow on 8 gigs with the same specs. Yet I cannot make Hog Legacy to run as smooth on 16 gigs.

A lot of incoherent events that I pieced together. Maybe someone will conjure some meaning out of it!

(Edit: I asked the Gaminja the video owner, and they said they have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus. Well, its a much better SSD than mine, and could explain the behaviour. Yet Spiderman still exists. Could it be that Spiderman's textures are less burdensome for my SSD? )

Last edited:
I picked this game up on sale and I really like exploring the map. Is there a technical reason why framegen can't be enabled alongside DLAA in the options? I tweaked the DLSS with a mod to change all DLSS presets to native (DLAA) and then I can enable framegen without any obvious issues. IDK why this required modding. I have a 1080p monitor with a 4070 so using DLSS upscaling is not necessary. DLAA at 1080p looks fantastic. And with framegen I usually get >100fps at all max settings including RT.

Also the game takes a minute to compile shaders every time I start it. Is that normal? Why it doesn't cache them?

P.P.S. I will be hearing Revelio in my sleep :p

Last edited:
Back