High on Life [XB, PC, XGP]

the title and art didnt seems to cat ch my attention.

cant watch the video. internet been full of time outs since yesterday :(

finally able to watch the trailer.

were... the developers .... were the developers high or something?

Not getting the reviews

Mixed reviews, but Metacritic segments based on platform:

Screenshot_20221212-121012_Chrome.jpg

The reviews came as a surprise to me. The game looks very fun and polished in videos. Yet some reviews totally burry this.
I was very interested initially

The reviews came as a surprise to me. The game looks very fun and polished in videos. Yet some reviews totally burry this.
I was very interested initially
I don't know if I would use the term 'polished' to describe this but I will use 'fun'. I find the dialog flat out hilarious and I can't wait to see where the humor goes. Plays like a FPS version of Psychonauts.

Why is nobody talking about THIS game?

Looks beautiful, fun, crazy, imaginative with a punchy art style.

Microsoft is terrible at promoting stuff. There is no advertising for this game I didn’t even know is out now. Msft marketing team is sleeping or something.
I agree it look interesting, fun and actually like something new and worth trying.

Kind of not surprising considering it's using a TV series that is popular with nerds/gamers.

Without GamePass this likely doesn't sell as well as many people have grown to associate movie/TV series tie in games with poor gameplay, spotty quality and them being a blatant cash grab. So, a lot of people would be reluctant to pay full price for such a game.

GamePass changes that by letting anyone that likes the TV series to try it with no cost (if they are already a subscriber) or minimal cost (if they aren't already a subscriber).

Those people can then tell their friend's that the game is actually really good and they need to play it.

I like the show, but I wouldn't have bought the game since I'm one of the ones that has grown to be skeptical of any movie or TV show based game being any good. There are exceptions like Guardians of the Galaxy, but there are far FAR more that are either mediocre at best or downright crap fests.

GamePass actually allows me to check it out where I otherwise wouldn't touch it with a proverbial 10 foot pole.

Regards,
SB

Back