Hewlett Packard to exit computing

As was mentioned don't expect their PC business to be gone, but rather spun off. So perhaps with the Compaq name or something, but they aren't exactly closing shop.

I'm sure it will just be spun off, too bad it won't just die altogether though - hey, the products all do, might as well kill the brand :p

times are funny when I learn at the same time that HP makes phones and is phasing them out.

HP is the worst of the large PC OEMs from a quality control standpoint, IMHO, as a PC technician involved in the repair of thousands of PCs over the past few years. I've seen more HPs with bad motherboards over the last 5 years than all other brands combined, by a ratio of at least 3:1 and that's not being hyperbolic. I'm glad they're gone, in a way, but I'll miss the revenue :(

but they seem to have printers that work, I'm glad I can plug in an old laserjet made in the 90s and have it just work.

as for printers, office need them and have support. if they are going to still sell switches, servers etc. they should sell the printers as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone pay me millions of dollars to not say stupid things? I could decide not to destroy a business as well. :)

Back