He's the great escapee

I have reservations about the lack of information in this story.

It sounds like he may have been buried in his car for a time close to four days. That beer would have been ice cold within a day, and alchohol is pretty bad when it comes to maintaining body temperature.

Chugging ice cold beer for several days in freezing temperatures while digging through ten feet of snow seems counterproductive.

Alchohol gives you false feeling of warmth, while acctually doing the opposite, cause body spends additional energy trying to dispose of it.....

OTOH, beer _IS_ in most countries classified as food, not drink, so......

While alcohol may give a false feeling of warmth, the net loss needn't be that great if a person is trapped in a contained space (such as a snowed-in car). Beer (and alcohol in general) is also very high in energy. Still, I have to say the story sounds like complete and utter bullshit.

I'd think he would have suffocated long before having had time to melt his way out through almost three meters of snow with pee. Besides, where did all the melted snow and urine go? He'd have to been swimming in the stuff = death due to exposure. :devilish:

Why didn't he just start the car, let it idle and then allow the ice to melt as a result of the heat coming from the exhaust and engine compartment? Also why didn't he just turn on the heater and vent the heat to the windows to help melt the ice?

PC-Engine said:
Why didn't he just start the car, let it idle and then allow the ice to melt as a result of the heat coming from the exhaust and engine compartment? Also why didn't he just turn on the heater and vent the heat to the windows to help melt the ice?

with all that beer around? ;)

The passenger compartment of the car would have made an excellent gas chamber. Carbon monoxide = teh bad, you know...

Guden Oden said:
The passenger compartment of the car would have made an excellent gas chamber. Carbon monoxide = teh bad, you know...

Not if the windows are closed...

Think about if he didn't suffocate then oxygen must of have come from somewhere. Or maybe he tried to start the car but there wasn't enough oxygen for the car to idle so it kept stalling?

PC-Engine said:
Not if the windows are closed...
A MAN trapped in his car under 10ft of snow
(My emphasis.) You think it would make a difference if the windows are closed or not, especially if he - like you suggested - have the heater going at full burn?

Think about if he didn't suffocate then oxygen must of have come from somewhere.
Well like I said, it all sounds like bullshit. If you sit in a car under 10 feet of snow, you don't have time to pee your way out. It's pretty much the same with avalanches, if it doesn't snap you like a twig it's suffocation that does you in when the snow stops moving.

(My emphasis.) You think it would make a difference if the windows are closed or not, especially if he - like you suggested - have the heater going at full burn?

If the heater is on using recirculated air in the cabin it wouldn't be an issue. There's switch in the dash of many cars where you can select outside air or recirculated air. Anyway I think the story is BS.

You think cars in slovakia have A/C with recirculation? :D You think after 30 liters of beer the guy had brains enough to use it even if he knew what it did? :p

Back