Help please: Obsolete 2GHz P4 wanted...

Guden Oden

Legend
Does anyone know where/how I can get my mitts on a 2GHz socket 423 willamette (256k L2 cache) P4 processor?

Thank you in advance for any assistance! :)

Cool!

You have to define what you expect to be able to get for a seriously old, 2nd hand processor though, considering I saw a 1.7GHz chip being auctioned off on eBay for 31 bucks. :)

Let's barter a little - as you seem to live in belgium shipping won't be too cumbersome either. :)

What heatsink are you using on it? If it's the intel original sink with folded alu sheet metal fins soldered to a copper base, I am interested in that one too. Or if someone else has a sink like that, it doesn't matter. :)

sorry mate you cant even get a 1.7ghz celeron for 31 bucks much less 50 bucks. and a 2ghz p4 will set ya back a good 80-90 us dollars. MINIMUM.

glawton said:
sorry mate you cant even get a 1.7ghz celeron for 31 bucks much less 50 bucks. and a 2ghz p4 will set ya back a good 80-90 us dollars. MINIMUM.

No way, a 256KB L2 400MHz FSB P4, is much slower than a Celeron 320 (2.4HGz 256KB L2 533MHz FSB) and a brand new retail Celeron 320 is only $78 (and the Celeron is even overclockable the s423 P4 is not).

A fair price for an old s423 P4 is more like $50-60 at the most.

Back