Helldivers 2 [PS5, PC]

hilariously (ironically?) turns out someone already told them the future, around 1 week after release

Now they are going to make the PSN integration optional, while offering 300 super credits if you link the account. And 95% of the player base will take the offer. A lesson to Sony on how gamers think :rolleyes:. I wonder what they will do with the next gaas games they will release: do they keep it optional with an incentive or do they make it as clear as possible that PSN will be mandatory, while developing a global PSN access for unsupported countries?

carrot instead of whip should have been the strategy, indeed.

Now they are going to make the PSN integration optional, while offering 300 super credits if you link the account. And 95% of the player base will take the offer. A lesson to Sony on how gamers think :rolleyes:. I wonder what they will do with the next gaas games they will release: do they keep it optional with an incentive or do they make it as clear as possible that PSN will be mandatory, while developing a global PSN access for unsupported countries?
Everyone freely gives away their data in exchange for free stuff. They do this on a daily basis. It was really odd for me to see Sony fail so hard at this. All it required was an easy incentive and that’s all they needed to get nearly 95% of the users to link.

no one likes being “forced”, so it’s a lesson here on human behaviour. They’ll be fine from this point forward.

I hope all those players who have a negative review because of this go back and update them.
It's already started. They have about as many positive reviews today as they did the day the account news broke. Recent reviews have flipped from overwhelmingly negative to mixed.

The community manager is a no name guy who throwing accusations (that I don't even want to verify honestly) in a chat board on discord.

Meanwhile grummz, unlike 99% of people on social media, has a big enough following. When you have so many people that listen to what you say, you have a responsibility to verify facts and do some research before you speak. Meanwhile this guy and so many others make a living out of misrepresenting facts and repeating half truths. Literally making a living out of making people miserable.
The community manager is in charge of a gigantic discord that is an offical communication channel for a major company who is working with an even bigger company. They should certainly be held accountable. I hope he sues both the developer and sony for allowing that up.

The community manager is in charge of a gigantic discord that is an offical communication channel for a major company who is working with an even bigger company. They should certainly be held accountable. I hope he sues both the developer and sony for allowing that up.
I mean, innocent until proven guilty, but he would have to sue a lot of people for that, since it's not an uncommon accusation that gets thrown at him. Who knows, maybe it has some basis of truth.

This isn't Helldivers 2 talk - this is schoolyard nonsense; the sort that plagues Socials now that people are unable to grow out of it when they leave their teenage years behind them.
I frankly disagree. When you have community managers banning people and accusing them of sexual abuse crimes on official channels it is pertinent to the game

I frankly disagree. When you have community managers banning people and accusing them of sexual abuse crimes on official channels it is pertinent to the game
Like, maybe one message was enough about the issue. Go help him report them all to the authorities if it's so important.

I post when new information comes out. Isn't that normal to do on a forum ? I get that you don't like the person but that is your problem and not mine.
The information is barely related to the game and is probably more suited to RSPC. I think there are many of us here that prefer to keep the game thread on topic to the actual game, rather than ongoing updates on one of the game's community managers and their social activities.

things are getting back on track now that Sony decided not to make linking your Steam account.

How curious. Massive influx of positive reviews. 'Product reviews' are basically a political polling system. Are these positive reviews new reviews or updated old reviews? Steam could do with separate Game and Politics scores!

How curious. Massive influx of positive reviews. 'Product reviews' are basically a political polling system. Are these positive reviews new reviews or updated old reviews? Steam could do with separate Game and Politics scores!
It's my understanding from the feedback from the devs that it's a combination of updated and new reviews, likely a majority of updated ones.

The information is barely related to the game and is probably more suited to RSPC. I think there are many of us here that prefer to keep the game thread on topic to the actual game, rather than ongoing updates on one of the game's community managers and their social activities.
and there are those who perfer to know that the company is attacking its critics. If you don't like what I post just block me.

Back