Half life source

Davros

Legend
start menu -- games
normally if i right click on it i get the option "open" with all my games in it
but today i noticed I also got "open all users" that had all my game in it,
the "open" option contained a single game Half life source
MRQqhdy.jpg

Except I dont have half life source (i have half life but i kept it off steam)
I loaded steam and checked my games library and HL source isnt one of the games i own
I dont want to click on the shortcut in case steam ban me or something for trying to play a game I dont own
Any idea where this came from ????

start menu -- games
normally if i right click on it i get the option "open" with all my games in it
but today i noticed I also got "open all users" that had all my game in it,
the "open" option contained a single game Half life source
MRQqhdy.jpg

Except I dont have half life source (i have half life but i kept it off steam)
I loaded steam and checked my games library and HL source isnt one of the games i own
I dont want to click on the shortcut in case steam ban me or something for trying to play a game I dont own
Any idea where this came from ????
I don't have Half Life, the only one I played if HL2 on the X360, but this reminds me to check Steam just in case Age of Mythology is available to download for me. :smile: I highly doubt it, but without it being officially released til May 8th it's very unlikely. :/

Either it comes with Steam or it comes with Orange Box, because I only had those two installed for quite a while.

Bought OB years ago when it first came out I believe, and I'm not showing any HL source in my games list...

I have a feeling it came free with something. Portal, CS:S or HL2 Ep* maybe....

The only valve stuff I have on steam is the orange box

I kept hl/op for/blue shift/gunman chronicles off it

right clic it and open file location.

if its in steamapps then steam put it. you probably also can see the manifest date

Do you have CS 1.6, Deathmatch Classic or Ricochet? Well those would go with non-Source HL1.. btw I do have a Half-Life directory, but own only HL1 mods not HL1 proper. I have the half-life executable and support files. Hell I've noticed I have all the HL1 maps in there :) (and halflife.wad which has most of the game's textures and stuff I think)

I appear to have a full copy of the game (needed for the mods, I have DoD too but it's useless because servers are empty) but no way to launch it, simply running the executable (hl_linux) seems to fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have CS 1.6, Deathmatch Classic or Ricochet?

Not had those installed for over a decade and theres no way I would of installed them in steam
and nothing at all HL1 related in my steamapps folder

I took the plunge and decided to run it (after disconnecting from the net) and it ran HL2

Back