Half Life 2 domino

mito said:
note: would that be possible using d3 engine?
Ummm, well, D3 does have it's own physics engine but it's nowhere near as complicated as the current Havok engine. So, it may be possible...

rofl.gif

So... HL2 isn't a very interesting game then... if people spend their time doing this? :?

(It's pretty neat actually, if that's the full game engine).

Was that Breen standing there behind that huge final domino thingy? I think a real human would have been more squished than he was; the thing wobbled around on top of him as if he was a silicone dummy or something...

Anyway, I see no reason whatsoever why D3 couldn't have done any/all of this, with the possible exception of when things pulling other things down using ropes, that it might not support I don't know. Then again it just might, I never tried using D3radiant for anything. :)

I was just waiting for someone to quip something in that vein, I thought of doing it myself but then I thought, naaah.

Too much bother! :D

_xxx_ said:
You could plant a flashlight on each domino, then you could watch lots of "realtime" shadows in all their beauty... ;)

All at a buttery smooth, one frame per hour. :)

Those where done in garry's mod. It's a mod where you can easily creaye and place and attach various constraints to objects. I've done some very silly things in garry's, but none of this magnitude.

Back