H.A.W.X.

Hey, that's pretty cool. The demo has had mixed receptions as far as I read, but I always like it when such features are included in a game. Does this game have online and can you use it while playing an online match? Probably not I guess, but that would make it even more interesting.

The demo was pretty dull, what was with that exterior view it forced me to use? The review I saw from IGN was like a 6.8.

Hey, that's pretty cool. The demo has had mixed receptions as far as I read, but I always like it when such features are included in a game. Does this game have online and can you use it while playing an online match? Probably not I guess, but that would make it even more interesting.

Yes it has online. I don't know if you can record video for online matches.

The demo was pretty dull, what was with that exterior view it forced me to use? The review I saw from IGN was like a 6.8.

It was helpful. I liked the external view (!). It looks like I can play with different planes in the real game. I wanted to know if the planes and weapons will play/feel differently. Based on the IGN score, I need to ask more people. :p

I have a feeling it's going to be hard to find a forum gamer's impressions. :)

I am ready to pick up the game though, once someone can tell me what's fun about the game. So far, all the flight games tanked or were too difficult for me, safe for Flowers.

I couldn't stand the game. It is a mockery of aviation. With these physics they should have just made a space combat game.

What a shame ! Is there a better PS2/PS3 (combat) flight game ?
I already have Warhawk.

EDIT: I saw the game in Gamestop when I picked up MLB the Show 2009 today. Looks interesting. Would be great if someone can answer my question above.

Ech. Just tried the game. The demo is good enough for you patsu, just try the demo.

I tried it, then changed the settings so that motion control is enabled for flying, and set the view to cockpit view.

Game is not bad, but it's not good either. It's hard to explain - you just have to try it. First demo level is a tutorial, which is ok. Then second is a mission with continuously changing objectives. In theory quite cool, but in practice ... hmmm.

Yeap, I tried the tutorial and liked it. Didn't get to finish the second level (The one that changed objectives to fighting tanks and what not). Box says there are 50 aircrafts to toy with. I wanted to know if those planes will play differently.

May be I'll just fool around with the demo long enough and then decide.

EDIT: No other good flight games ?

I forgot to add one thing I liked about the demo; the ability to shoot rockets and machine gun fire at a giant Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the HAWX demo compared to the several Ace Combat games I've played in the past. The physics are atrocious, like the Ace games, of course, but the graphics are pretty and the gameplay fun and engaging. I'll probably pick the game up if I can find it a bit below retail.

I am thinking about the same thing too. Read the reviews. The other aircrafts seem to play the same.
I have a soft spot for sexy aircrafts though.

Fry's Electronics is selling the game for $55 now. I came very close to get it. $50 would be perfect. :)

If it had more flight models (say 5 different types for 50 visually different planes), I would have snatched it in a heartbeat.

Okay, I may be ready to commit. The planes have different specs e.g., ammo payload, weapon types. So it's not as bad as I thought (Damn negative gamer traits).

Saw a footage on A10 too, which is basically the final nudge.

The question is: Is the Saitek flightstick worthwhile for $49.95 ?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, why can't Warhawk support flightstick ? I already have a great air combat game on my shelf, damn it.

EDIT 2:
Arwin said:
Does this game have online and can you use it while playing an online match? Probably not I guess, but that would make it even more interesting.

I found out it has 4P co-op.

Is there any reason why the 'no assistance' mode puts you OUTSIDE of the plane? Finally got around to trying this, that AFF thing was the stupidest design decision I'd ever heard of.

Also: ROFL on the St. Trinidad/Brazil war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back