Guys, I was an idiot today

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Today I was catching the train from my maths revision class, anyway the train was comming "Now" according to the board, so you want to know what I've done?
I ran down a semi-steep slope so fast that I couldn't control my speed and when I tried to break I tripped and skidded a few metres down the rest of the slope.

Luckily I've only got skin lacerations, the worst being a bit of skin completely peeled off from my left hand's palm.
The most painful part was when the nurse stuck iodine on the wound.

Does anyone know what lesson I should have learned from this experience?

"...when I tried to break..." Somehow I find this typo humorous :)
Lesson? Yes: learn how to fall, you could have saved yourself the iodine and the wound ;)

There were multiple wounds.
My hip still hurts.
My left shin and right elbow hurt.
I got huge bandages on my left hand and my knee.

Crisidelm said:
"...when I tried to break..." Somehow I find this typo humorous :)
Lesson? Yes: learn how to fall, you could have saved yourself the iodine and the wound ;)

As for almost everything, there's a right way and a wrong way to fall: falling chest down, on the palms of your hands and on your knees, is not exactly the best way to fall.

K.I.L.E.R said:
What do you mean by "learn how to fall"?
Do you mean break dancing?
You should try jujitsu, judo or aikido, they all begin with teaching you how to fall.
Or as an alternative, you could try figure skating as well. :LOL:

K.I.L.E.R said:
Would it have mattered how I fell?
I would have skidded across the ashphalt either way.

Once I fell down from the top to the bottom of a bridge in Venice (it wasn't the Rialto though, I would have caused a human avalanche there), but for I know how to fall,(shoulder first, keep arms crossed and adherent on your chest, keep turning around, making contact on the surface with a shoulder and then with the other, as you fall on) I walked away with nothing but a small bruise on a wrist.

Ahh is that the typo.
I didn't even notice, I thought "break: and "brake" were the same.

I thought there may be a lesson to learn from all this.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Ahh is that the typo.
I didn't even notice, I thought "break: and "brake" were the same.

I thought there may be a lesson to learn from all this.

How 'bout not running down a hill faster than what's safe? You're sounding like a petulant child who feels that the world has turned on him because you're a little skinned up. Waaaaaah, I've had worse cuts on my lip and kept whistling. :p

K.I.L.E.R said:
What do you mean by "learn how to fall"?
Do you mean break dancing?
Learning how to fall is a very useful talent, he wasn't being sarcastic.

You're supposed to relax as much as possible and roll with the fall rather than trying to brace for the impact, there are many different ways to do it but that's the basic gist of it.

John Reynolds said:
How 'bout not running down a hill faster than what's safe? You're sounding like a petulant child who feels that the world has turned on him because you're a little skinned up. Waaaaaah, I've had worse cuts on my lip and kept whistling. :p
QFT...
I swear he's really like 10 but good with maths and stuff.

You think you were stupid today? I asked out a girl after stalking her AIM constantly for a week (with the help of friends) only to find out today on the last day of school when I finally got her number from a friend that she is going to China tomorrow. She said she won't come back until July so I'll have to wait until then. :(

Back