Guess the console launch-dates *spawn

grndzro

Newcomer
Sony has been awful sneaky lately I wouldn't be surprised by a surprise early launch.

It certainly would give Microsoft a wedgie.

Even if the hardware is ready for an early launch, there is still the software, they'll likely want to give launch games as long as possible to get ready.

[rampant speculation]What if software has progressed at an equally steady and swift pace as hardware? If that is the case then launch games could be all lined up and ready when the hardware launches.[/rampant speculation]

...Of course, if wishes were horses... ;)

I think we should expect november, as per usual.

[rampant speculation]What if software has progressed at an equally steady and swift pace as hardware? If that is the case then launch games could be all lined up and ready when the hardware launches.[/rampant speculation]

...Of course, if wishes were horses... ;)

I think we should expect november, as per usual.

I'm giving them a shot with late October :p

Some cross generation titles are also releasing late October, so it wouldn't be too "out there" if that did happen.

I'm giving them a shot with late October :p

Some cross generation titles are also releasing late October, so it wouldn't be too "out there" if that did happen.

Yeah, my idea of a "sneaky early launch" would be late October, not like August or September. If it launched October 29th, that's my birthday so I'd be cool with that!

Saturn set the precedent :LOL:

But as they said on GAF, the real issue here is 3rd party software, the huge stuff presumably coming in mid Nov. Unless they want to launch with only exclusives, and provided those exclusives are ready.

Saturn set the precedent :LOL:

But as they said on GAF, the real issue here is 3rd party software, the huge stuff presumably coming in mid Nov. Unless they want to launch with only exclusives, and provided those exclusives are ready.

AC Black flag is coming October 29th, so It isn't really out there.

COD Ghost and BF 4 are also coming out the first week of November.
Watch Dogs it's the only big third party title that will arrive at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see PS4 late Oct, XBO late Nov...

XBO may need some additional time to up the hardware if the rumors have validity.

PS4: October 18th
XBO: November 1st (it´s ONE after all)

Based on: completely out of my ass, non-thought-through, wild guesses.

Xbox nov and ps4 dec

LOL, yes Sony is ahead of schedule with production, FCC, etc. yet they are going to miss Black Friday and commit retail suicide. Is this a serious prediction or just what you want to happen?

They are both going to hit by the end of Nov no matter what, they question is when and in how many regions.

LOL, yes Sony is ahead of schedule with production, FCC, etc. yet they are going to miss Black Friday and commit retail suicide. Is this a serious prediction or just what you want to happen?

They are both going to hit by the end of Nov no matter what, they question is when and in how many regions.

I dunno wait and see what happens. According to neogaf the ps4 was going to ship yesterday.

If the PS4 really is sold out of pre-orders, then the advantage of launching early doesn't exist. In fact, the rate limit of sales isn't pre-orders, it's manufacturing capacity. So the only importance in a launch date is have a decent chunk of non pre-order stock available for sale on Black Friday so retailers can draw in large crowds. That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Back