GTA V suddenly stopped working (won't start anymore)

I just remembered ... Are you by any chance running Afterburner software while launching the game? I had to content myself with launching afterburner only after clicking on GTAV. Maybe because I have the RivaTunerStatisticsServer logging info, I don't know. I figure it's worth mentioning because in the past I was always seeing the game fail to launch. I haven't played in weeks, so it only now came to mind.

Why? unless you dont care about the single player
I wouldn't want to do that either. First you have to source it from somewhere, likely nefarious if you don't have a known good place. Second, it's possible Rockstar could detect and invalidate his license.

Not if he disconnects from the internet while playing it
And would the chance of rockstar stopping your game from working be preferable to not being able to play the game ever ?

Last edited:
For whatever reason that cancerous piece of shit called social club is suddenly trowing unable to initialize dx9 errors and won't start GTA5 anymore.

I've reinstalled the game, enable/disabled the videocard, removed/reinstalled drivers, installed the dx9 redistributables that come with the game etc but no luck. Haven't done anything to my system apart from the usual windows 7 updates but I don't see how that could have broken dx9.

All other games work fine but they are not made by Rockstar. No surprise there, rockstar has never ever released a pc game that wasn't an utter piece of shit and this again proves as much. That social club crap is the biggest piece of bullshit software even, even worse than ubishofts uNotPlay. How the asshats that created that pos aren't out of a job is beyond me.

Rockstars support pages are ever useless but again given the quality of pc code they produce there is no surprise there either.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix rockstars shit? Was pretty close to the end of the game and even though I'm fed up with their crap and will never spend another penny on their shit again (shouldve done that after GTA4 already!) I would like to finish the game.
whatever the issue is, it looseems like the game has it fair share of issues. In fact the game is getting the fans rage treatment in the reviews --only 11% reviews in the past 30 days have been positive-:

YF8Rsjr.jpg

Back