Graphic Card Purchase G80 vs G92

NonNative

Newcomer
Based on rumour info that we having right now.
G92 will most likely to be 8800GT (assumed as top g92 based graphic card)

Since G92 running at 800+ Mhz core clock I think I can expected same heat as G80 one.

The benefit that we can expected from G92 is

DirectX10.1
PCIe 2.0
OpenGL 3
Updated Pure Video Engine

And I'll need X38 based chipset mb to support PCIe 2.0

But if I get G80 based card (I think I'll get GTX :p)
The benefit that I will get is

High perfermance much more than G92

Bad about G80

OLD (lol :D)
No PCIe 1.1
OpenGL 2.1

If I used G80 based graphic card I'll get P35 based chipset instead which cheaper than X38.

So which choice I should make ? please help me ;)

I think most DX9 cards will be OpenGL 3--they won't be OpenGL 3.1, though. (OpenGL 3 introduces the huge changes to the language, and the next incremental revision is all the D3D10-equivalent features.)

This is interesting I checked on R600 performance again its better than GeForce 8800GTS,If G92 really limited cap at 8800 GTS performance,then I would get RV670. :)

Question is when it going to release ? :(

I really need new PC for maya work,If G92 released first I guess I'll simplely get g92
I really dont like the fact that Radeon got really low texture fill-rate.

Anyway I plan to get a card to play UT3 if this info help.

Why RV670 ? assuming its same performance as R600 and its worse than G80.
Simplely I dont impressed 2900XT at all. :cry:

If your willing to go 8800gt(g92) which is rumoured to be slower than the 8800GTS, then by all means how can you not consider the RV670 as a viable option? R600 performance with much less power, single slot, etc.

Yeah with the current rumours floating around it's RV670 all the way. It will be pretty silly if Nvidia's new performance part is slower than the GTS though. Given their claims of double performance at the top I expected some of that to apply to the other parts down the totem pole as well.

I'm recommending RV670 to everyone I can, but that might have something to do with me being a blatant fanboy...
bleh2.gif

Yeah with the current rumours floating around it's RV670 all the way. It will be pretty silly if Nvidia's new performance part is slower than the GTS though. Given their claims of double performance at the top I expected some of that to apply to the other parts down the totem pole as well.

I doubt it will be much slower then the GTS though. I think performance will be a close call. Either way, I doubt that Nvidia will market it as a R600 killer but rather as a "hey, we are selling a $250 card with GTS like performance, and a teraflop of computing power while consuming less power than the GTS."

If it was up to me, I would get the G92 over the GTS. A little less performance is worth it for all the other great stuff that comes with it. Who knows though, it might be faster. It's anyones guess.

I doubt it will be much slower then the GTS though. I think performance will be a close call. Either way, I doubt that Nvidia will market it as a R600 killer but rather as a "hey, we are selling a $250 card with GTS like performance, and a teraflop of computing power while consuming less power than the GTS."
yeah, that doesn't add up at all. GTX is ~340GFlops, GTS is 25% less than that...

I think G92 night change name again from what we saw GeForce8700GTS -> 8800GT -> 8850GS/GT.Anyway I wonder when we saw preview of both chips in magazine. :)

digitalwanderer what do u mean by that ?

Anyway no one really talking about G80 at all (and everyone praised RV670 lol)

Issue such as G92 heat vs G80 heat.I think it will be pretty much close since G80 made of 90 but core clock running 675 MHz,G92 using 65 nm but clock go high up to 800+ MHz aww a microwave inside my com lol

Another one is Performance vs New Technology.GTX performance is outstanding choice but its old and simplely hot.I really wonder that when GeForce9 come out in Q2 2008,8800GTX will just good as GeForce9 midrange card.

More value choice that concerned me is RV670 and G92 and I hope something like this not included with those. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWuSKXo98kE

Well, I think english is his second language, so that old joke might be new to him.

It's a penis size reference, NonNative.

Back