Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Can't wait to see the pc version (uh hopefully it will come) gets fixed with a private server like how northlight fixed titanfall 2

2.3 now, suddenly I'm not so unhappy with my PS5 not arriving in March how was supposed to.

I'll wait until they change that online mandatory for single player part of the game and change economy. I don't have desire to pay for cars with real money or grind endlessly, it's full priced game not f2p.

2.3 now, suddenly I'm not so unhappy with my PS5 not arriving in March how was supposed to.

I'll wait until they change that online mandatory for single player part of the game and change economy. I don't have desire to pay for cars with real money or grind endlessly, it's full priced game not f2p.
Yea I get why they did it. You can really extend the life of the game by making it harder and more exclusive. But expectations around gaming and unlocks have changed.
Everything is fighting for your time; social media, social life, internet, games, netflix, etc.
There has to be some understanding there that people want to move on.

It use unfortunate but I think people are hugely overreacting. I’ve put 40 hours into this game by now. I have 84 cars. I have 1.6million credits. And online it pans out quite nicely so far with people having all sorts of different cars and the PP system working seemingly well.

It’s a great game and I’m sure they will fix these issues.

It use unfortunate but I think people are hugely overreacting. I’ve put 40 hours into this game by now. I have 84 cars. I have 1.6million credits. And online it pans out quite nicely so far with people having all sorts of different cars and the PP system working seemingly well.

Looks like a solid game but with poor mechanics added to it.

I've seen this analysis of the different GT games to show how vastly different they are in terms of "grind". If it's accurate it's pretty damning, even just in the GT7 pre and post patch comparison.

50357e8f30079267769bf07193c4d1539a9a00fb.jpeg

Oddly enough, I feel somewhat satisfied that Polyphony Digital and Sony are getting racked over this. I just can't stand how Sony treated Evolution Studio after their perceived shortcomings and/or DriveClub delays. GT7 while nice and shiny, is still underwhelming in the 'WOW' graphics department. Truth be told, I would have rather had an updated PS5 DriveClub patch than GT7.

I'm just bitter I guess... :yep2:

Oddly enough, I feel somewhat satisfied that Polyphony Digital and Sony are getting racked over this. I just can't stand how Sony treated Evolution Studio after their perceived shortcomings and/or DriveClub delays. GT7 while nice and shiny, is still underwhelming in the 'WOW' graphics department. Truth be told, I would have rather had an updated PS5 DriveClub patch than GT7.

I'm just bitter I guess... :yep2:
They deserve it. And I'm of the opinion that review scores should be updated to reflect the impact it actually has on the game.

If you get a ton of cars just by progressing in the “story mode,” then there’s mayyybe a valid debate to be had about how rare something like a 250 GTO or even a McLaren F1 should be. Like, seeing it in a race should be a special occasion. But surely Kaz realizes that there are people willing to grind to race the car they want to show off in scapes or online multiplayer, and eventually lobbies will be full of classics. Why make it more of a pain? “Grinding” online MP races is at least engaging and often fun, if chaotic. Those should pay out more, especially since you’re already shelling out for PS+. Grinding SP races is generally boring once you’ve mastered the track.

I’m sure it is (heck, I think GTS ended up being a really satisfying single player circuit experience with its in-depth tutorials), but so far one of PD’s first “fixes” is to make grinding worse. That’s very live-servicey and player-unfriendly.

Keep in mind that you can skip the grind by buying in-game currency (for upwards of $40 a car for a $60 game!), negating anything Kaz says about wanting rare cars to be rare. GT7 shouldn’t get the same slack given to the competitive online multiplayer-focused GTS precisely because it’s a numbered GT, and those are historically SP-focused collectathons.

Maybe a partial solution is for Sony to kick some PS+ money back to games depending on online popularity. GTS alone kept me subscribed for a few years.

100% overreacting, I have around 80 cars and still have to gold super license tests and 4 misions chapters. I mean they deserve critic as microtransactions are defenitly more agressive than in gt sport but still probably best racing game there is.

The McLaren F1 cost $1M in GTS. It’s $18M in GT7. Check out the thumbnail for this YT video for the real-world price of buying it via DLC purchases:

The F1 is a $3 DLC purchase in GTS, so Cr.1,000,000 = US$3:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA03220_00-GTSACARC57046001

Cr.2,000,000 = US$20 in GT7.

Remember to login around your bday in GT, as you typically get better roulette wheel cars during your bday week. I remember getting an F40 in GTS.

I won 100k gold bar yesterday which was the lowest prize in a 3 star lottery ticket. So maybe they’ve changed that a little.

I think they should go back to just allowing you to buy a single car if anything, or get rid of the micro transactions altogether.

That said, I haven’t used them and will never use them. If the game then becomes a hassle to play, then I will complain. But so far no complaints.

The Red Bull 2019 F1 car is winnable by the way with gold on one of the later licences. Not easy of course.

I honestly don't get the drama. I fired this up again after two or three weeks of 24/7 Elden Ring, and it's the same beautiful game as before, with the same stingy credits as before.

One thing I find very odd is that when I first got the game, RT worked in replays. You could see other cars reflected on your car, side mirrors reflected on you own car body. Now the replays still run at 30fps but it would seem that RT no longer works, certainly not like when the game launched. It still works during cut scenes etc.

Back