Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
ouch. turns out GT 7 player's country is locked to the PSN account region -___-
i need to start from scratch with my region's account then...

Yes I think that makes sense if, as I am guessing, they plan to setup competitions regionally at some point. It seems like it might be like that anyway, be the best in regionals, then nationals and finally international. I was getting that impression at least from what they asked when starting up the game. I personally think that could be really cool.

FN6-gmDXsAEpdBd

FN6-iPRWUAES-43

Beating David Perel. :)

Impressive! It was really cool he remembered me in a chat the other day on I think a Super GT or maybe Kie stream for my Road Car and Sim Tyre challenges from way back when I was playing GT3 and on the GT3Times forums. I remember he got into GT3 because his brother brought him a PS2 with that when he was recovering from a leg fracture or something like that, he was already a professional karter then.

I had a lot of fun beating some of the pepper races like the four pepper one at Tsukuba. Matters a lot what car you take of course. I used the MX5 Touring Car which was just about fast enough if I did some good laps.

One I tried at Suzuka was really hard with the Castrol Toms Supra but then with the WRX STi it was very doable and fun.

On High Speed Ring I switched to a regular WRX STi and first thought it was too slow but then with better driving I managed it anyway.

These are fun races. Will definitely also try some of the mission race

Super GT had a great online race with TheKie25 the other day at Daytona by the way.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about GT7 and the last update, so what's been happening with it?

The long server downtime highlights how limited the offline mode of the game is and that is causing review bombing on metacritic. I think there will be a lot of pressure on Sony and PD to make offline mode a little more substantial.

30hr outage (majority of the game unplayable?) because of problems with the patch planned for the initial (typical) 1hr downtime.

Equally worrying, another game with MTX that alters the economy for the worse shortly after the review period. Kaz says (in the first link) that he wants people not to have to grind, but also he wants rare cars to be a (pessimistically paraphrasing) pain to achieve (though the in-game roulette can shortcut it). Maybe they’ve weighted the roulette to be more rewarding to compensate for the reduced event rewards? Kaz said they have a long-term plan to “constructively resolve [grinding for money].” Still, actively fighting your players who are willing to grind the same race to get the money for a car they want seems more like sabotage than balance.

little sad seing this briliant game tanking user metascore to 2.9/10 ;d tough yeah microtransations are way more agressive than in gt sport and I think 30h server maintenece didn't occur even once in 4.5 years of gt sport life

little sad seing this briliant game tanking user metascore to 2.9/10 ;d tough yeah microtransations are way more agressive than in gt sport and I think 30h server maintenece didn't occur even once in 4.5 years of gt sport life

It was 3.9 this morning, with around 1K negative user ratings, so for it to drop down to 2.9 in 4 to 6 hours is something else.

Playstation need an easy to use refund button like steam.

If people submitted for refund in droves, it'll affect their bottom lines (or if the refunds are rejected in droves, it will make waves in the social media) and could push the management to do something.

When the game is fixed, people can buy the game again.

Not just 'special case' refund like they did with cyberpunkgame

Playstation need an easy to use refund button like steam.

If people submitted for refund in droves, it'll affect their bottom lines (or if the refunds are rejected in droves, it will make waves in the social media) and could push the management to do something.

When the game is fixed, people can buy the game again.

They did for 2077 ps4 though?

Yoinks. Patch 1.8 downloads in seconds, now stuck at copying.

Finger crossed when it's finished, I finally can play again

Back