Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
https://www.gtplanet.net/how-gran-t...olyphony-digital-and-sony-ais-new-technology/
To help speed up the process, Sophy controls 20 cars on track at the same time. The results are fed into servers with NVIDIA V100 or A100 chips, server-grade GPUs designed to process artificial intelligence and machine learning data.

It is important to note this type of computing power is only needed to “create” Sophy, not run it. The machine learning process eventually results in “models” which can then be executed on more modest hardware.

“The learning of Sophy is parallel processed using compute resources in the cloud, but if you are just executing an already learned network, a local PS5 is more than adequate,” Kazunori Yamauchi explained. “The asymmetry of this computing power is a general characteristic of neural networks.”

Last edited:
Yes, especially that last point is one I have been repeatedly trying to make. Executing the results of a learning process is relatively lightweight and is and has been applied in various mobile phone apps like ones recognizing if suspicious moles should be investigated and/or removed or determining a species of plant, and that’s just the relatively more complex and resource intensive process of image recognition. There is comparatively little use for ‘live’ neural net training as far as I know in consumer electronics.

Did they play offline or were they able to pass whatever the required online check-in is?

Did they play offline or were they able to pass whatever the required online check-in is?

The always-online aspect is just to store the save data to GT servers to prevent save edit mods that plagued GT5/6 and allowed for like 2000 bhp honda civics.

But the GT7 servers are currently up, so these early copy users can progress through and are able to save fine. I imagine the reviewers are currently using the same servers the mass release will use.

Yeah, I think most reviewers got access yesterday. I saw Super GT post a screenshot of him downloading and mentioning he would be posting reviews on Wednesday and streaming on Thursday something like that.

I completed the circuit challenges as a warmup for the release, all gold except the full Nurburgring (should be ok, miss only a few seconds and there is plenty margin, just a long lap).

Back