Got a new Coffee Maker

linthat22

Regular
Well, the old 4 cup Mr. Coffee wasn't doing it for me anymore, so I decided to get a newer coffee maker. Check out this bad boy Check out this bad boy.

I just found it annoying that a coffee maker would say 4 cups (literally) and not 4 coffee cups. Downright annoying.

But this has everything I need to enjoy a nice cup-O-coffee. The wife hates it though, it's really big and it doesn't match our appliances. I never thought countertop gadgets had to match, oh well :LOL:

So what do ya'll use to make java with?

Rofl... Matching countertop appliances is a plus, though not a requirement for me. I have a mix of Tefal, Nordica and Electrolux stuff in my kitchen. I don't drink coffee; your maker looks awesome, but I'm not enough of a gadget-geek to get myself used to the vile taste of the brew just so I can motivate buying one for myself! :p

I have a tea percolator instead, looks like THIS.

Sorry about the french, it wasn't easy to find online in english (meaning no hits from google on the first page of results! :D). Images are universal tho. :)

http://www.bunnomatic.com/pages/home/hmbrew.html

I've had two of these in the last 10 years I've been living in this house and they are the best coffee maker BY FAR of any I've ever had!

I'm using a cheapo Black-n-Decker right now since our last Bunn died and we were in a hurry to replace it, but after reading this thread I'm now pricing a new Bunn "a fresh pot-o-tasty java in 2 minutes and 28 second" coffee maker. 8)

You really miss that under 3 minute pot of coffee after you get used to it for a while. :(

Under 3 minutes for a pot of coffee? Damn, no wonder the euros say american coffee tastes like piss. ...Or was that about your beer? Could have been both. :LOL:

It takes a little while to draw out the essential oils and aromas from the coffee grounds, you should let it take the time it needs man.

I don't drink coffe myself, but I have a "Don Pedro" if someone else wants some. It's supposed to give quite well tasting coffee, but what do I know. Hmm, it should work well with tea too, as long as I don't use the same filter.

I couldn't find any pics of a real Don Pedro, but Bodum makes something they call Santos that looks like the same thing.

[Edit]
Forget about making tea in the same pot. Even if it's all glass, I could probably never get it completely clean.

Guden Oden said:
Under 3 minutes for a pot of coffee? Damn, no wonder the euros say american coffee tastes like piss. ...Or was that about your beer? Could have been both. :LOL:

It takes a little while to draw out the essential oils and aromas from the coffee grounds, you should let it take the time it needs man.
Sorry, no.

I really mean it when I say it makes a great cup of coffee, it's the best I've had from a homebrew system.

I really miss it, I'm actually shopping online now for that and an electric pencil sharpener. (looong story... :rolleyes: )

http://www.capresso.com/prod_esp_pro.html

prod_large_pro.jpg

I don't drink coffee...but I make it for my wife and she has lots of praise for this for her morning capuccino...

Basic said:
I don't drink coffe myself, but I have a "Don Pedro" if someone else wants some.

My godmother used to have one of those in the 70s, it might still be in use for all I know (I haven't visited her in ages). It was utterly fascinating (though rather perplexing) to watch when I was a kid. First the water bubbled, then it went UP... Then it came down again as coffee...

I couldn't quite figure out how the heck it worked back then, ha ha. :D

[Edit]
Forget about making tea in the same pot. Even if it's all glass, I could probably never get it completely clean.

Try dissolving some sodium hydroxide crystals in hot water in the pot and let it sit for a while. That should do the trick...

Get yourself a nice espresso machine. You'll never regret it.

This is mine.

EDIT:
It's much bigger than what the picture suggests

Back