Google

Kurt

Newcomer
http://www.google.de/search?q=holoc...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 4 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read more about the request at ChillingEffects.org.

I was wondering if that's just an IP filter (same as certain items on Ebay aren't accessible if you are from Germany or other Western democratic countries) or if the links are not visible for anyone at all. But then why would they state so bluntly that they censor search results?. All the same, in case some one can see those links, could you please post them. I suspect they're not much different from the rest but you never know. Thanks in advance :)

I was wondering if that's just an IP filter (same as certain items on Ebay aren't accessible if you are from Germany or other Western democratic countries) or if the links are not visible for anyone at all. But then why would they state so bluntly that they censor search results?. All the same, in case some one can see those links, could you please post them. I suspect they're not much different from the rest but you never know. Thanks in advance :)
AFAIK, Google only removes search results from their country-specific sites in response to legal challenges (in your case, pages that "allegedly violates German Penal Code (§130 (2) disssemination of incitement)"). You may be able to get different results by changing your country preferences (I can, but they may only allow google.de for Germans or whatever). Or, you can click through to Chilling Effects, which has a comparison link to google.com. You'll have to figure out exactly what was removed 'manually', however.

^ Yea, I saw one site that wasn't on Google.de by searching for holocult in Google.com.
But then why would they state so bluntly that they censor search results?
Well if there's going to be censorship I at least would want to know about it.

Thanks for the 'comparator' link ... for some reason I'd never gotten that far. Yes our §130 StGB is quite something :D

Seeing as how ineffectual this self-censorship is (if you can call it that) and how pointless to boot, one wonders why they bother. Then again German ISPs have been forced to block content for similar reasons, but a discussion on this probably doesn't belong here in GD, so, case closed, thanks for your help.

What about holocult is it that is so illegal in germany you can't even read about oit?

I've not even heard that word before.
Peace.

Back