Good all-in-one audio-system for 100-200€

Npl

Veteran
Im looking for a midi (or whatever the correct term is) audio-system, which should include at minimum:
  • CD-Player
  • Tuner
  • USB-Connection for players
  • Ability to play MP3 from USB/CD
  • Decent power (>40W Music) and quality

Additionally support for MP4/AAC would be a high concern as this thing is for my little sister and she might get an ipod sometime.

I found a couple fitting Systems from Sony(CMT-HX3) and Kenwood ( M-505USB-S ), Sony`s does support AAC, but only thru USB and not from CD :rolleyes: and Kenwood doesnt support it at all.

Are there lesser known brands, which dont have strange restrictions regarding formats and if so, hows their quality?

your average cheap dvd player would probably do its the expensive ones that appear to not like certain formats

your average cheap dvd player would probably do its the expensive ones that appear to not like certain formats
I`m not looking for a DVD-Player, but a complete sound-system with speakers & amplifier.

There simply is nothing "good" in that price range. Merely acceptable.
Ok then... any recommendations for "acceptable" ones?

If you can stretch your budget a bit, take a look at the yamaha pianocraft e320 (should start at ~€260).

You should go into stores and listen to some and then decide.
Well, thats sheduled, but if you go into stores you will just have big brands to choose from (You cant even buy AMD-Processors or PCs built with them from two of the biggest chains).

The big brands are the cheapest I guess, and you'd be able to choose from a couple of models, no? Unfortunately I don't know of any special offers and you want a specific feature set so there is less to choose from.

The biggest difference will be the speakers and since they are always a compromise, you should choose what you like to listen to.

DIY may be a possibility too? Take an old PC possibly with Linux. Amps are available here and speakers here (look in journals/CT (cheap tricks section)).
Be aware that big drivers (full range) are pretty directional for high frequencies and for "cheap" bass extension you will need space. I haven't listened to one of those amps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping there would be some largely unknown brands analog to the portable Players (cowon etc) which pretty much support anything.

Back