God of War wins in D.I.C.E.

The only bad thing about SC3 is that my favourite character sucks in this iteration. (yea, Talim)

Oh, and I also wanted to argue that SotC animations are even more impressive than God of War, but then I remembered that there is already enough love for SotC on this board :p

Has anybody else played GoW on god mode? I think that is when the game truly starts to shine, I mean you can play a bit too sloppy on easy and normal, the game forgives a bit too much and it will probably make one play a bit sloppier... At first when I finished the game on normal, I thought it's a great game, but not as sharp as Ninja Gaiden, but on god mode it's so tight experience that it comes very close. it's very hard battle between those two games that take the cake for the best game of their generation for me...

On god mode it's like a totally different game, it basically doesn't allow mistakes and it makes you a much better player at it, it's a pity that I'm stuck on the final Boss part 2, and basically I have lost all hope of ever beating it, it's freakin impossible!! has anybody been able to beat it?

I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel...

Dr Evil said:
On god mode it's like a totally different game, it basically doesn't allow mistakes and it makes you a much better player at it, it's a pity that I'm stuck on the final Boss part 2, and basically I have lost all hope of ever beating it, it's freakin impossible!! has anybody been able to beat it?
Well, I had a incredible hard time beating the Boss at "Normal" (thanks to the second Part ;)). I know I would never make it on harder modes and thats what keeps me from playing them.

On topic: I actually dont get why RE4 is so critically acclaimed, its pretty tiresome to move around like a tank. Might fit Keyboad & Mouse, but I have no interest finishing even the first level on a Console... the pretty Graphics aint saving it. Heck, I played Doom 3 further than that...

Npl said:
On topic: I actually dont get why RE4 is so critically acclaimed, its pretty tiresome to move around like a tank. Might fit Keyboad & Mouse, but I have no interest finishing even the first level on a Console... the pretty Graphics aint saving it. Heck, I played Doom 3 further than that...

well, if you can't employ the control scheme then i can easily understand your frustration. but just imagine for a moment that you actually could use that controller and you'd understand the acclaim ; )

This organization/awards show is completely bogus.

1) SOTC was not even NOMINATED in origal music composition.

2) Jade Empire won RPG of the year. A further note on this: Bioware has won five straight years, and apparently several members of the company are on the board for this thing... Hmm!

One can't help but get the feeling these are /heavily/ slanted towards Western developed games.

I feel it should be repeated: SOTC was not even NOMINATED for original music composion.

Serenity Painted Death said:
This organization/awards show is completely bogus.

1) SOTC was not even NOMINATED in origal music composition.

2) Jade Empire won RPG of the year. A further note on this: Bioware has won five straight years, and apparently several members of the company are on the board for this thing... Hmm!

One can't help but get the feeling these are /heavily/ slanted towards Western developed games.

I feel it should be repeated: SOTC was not even NOMINATED for original music composion.

Given most DICE members are western developers, it's certainly slanted. Probably more by tastes than culture.
But IMO ot was a hard call this year in a lot of categories between SOTC and GOW.
And GOW would have the advantage of a large number of SCE emplyees giving it the benefit of the doubt :)

Back