GLBenchmark 2.0 Results

I love you forever! That was exactly the issue. I turned multitasking gestures off, and iOS is once again iOS for me.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And for me, it's not even a trade off. Those gestures didn't fit with my idea of the logic for iOS's user interface, so I prefer not having them active anyway (well, the five finger close is neat, but that's it.)

Responsiveness is the essence of Apple's UIs to me, and the pinch-zoom was the greatest example of that. Such a little thing made such a big difference to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering why no modern Adreno device has reported a score for Egypt 720p offscreen, so I grabbed a dual-core 1.5GHz S3 (Adreno 220) T-Mobile Galaxy S2 from work today, and the phone seemed to crash when it tried loading the test.

Does trying to set up/render to that buffer crash the graphics driver?

I've been wondering why no modern Adreno device has reported a score for Egypt 720p offscreen, so I grabbed a dual-core 1.5GHz S3 (Adreno 220) T-Mobile Galaxy S2 from work today, and the phone seemed to crash when it tried loading the test.

Now that you mention it I selected the 720p only tests in the GL Benchmark2.1 database and searched by all Adreno GPUs and there aren't results for any of the Adrenos unless I've missed something. It probably needs some driver adjustment from Qualcomm.

Now that you mention it I selected the 720p only tests in the GL Benchmark2.1 database and searched by all Adreno GPUs and there aren't results for any of the Adrenos unless I've missed something. It probably needs some driver adjustment from Qualcomm.

I have a sensation and for some reason, the off screen variant does not work. I think nine of the 8x60 series works with it.

Haven't tried QCOM's Android drivers, but fbo's work fine with FSL's EGL/ES2 drivers under X here. Is there a version of the benchmark I can run under X?

I have a sensation and for some reason, the off screen variant does not work. I think nine of the 8x60 series works with it.

It would sound strange if it would be some sort of hw limitation; under normal conditions a driver adjustment should fix it.

I think it's better to keep this discussion here:
On another topic, a video of GLBenchmark 2.5, a 1080p focused bench with other improved detail, is now on the GLBenchmark.com front page.

This GLBench 2.5 video looks a lot better than the GLBench 3.0 one, IMO.

I wonder if this benchmark will be made available to every Android/iOS device with an OpenGL 2.0 GPU and then there's a 1080p offscreen bench, or they'll limit it to high-end tablets or so.

A good question. I'd assume it would be another test available to all devices, yet they mention testing resolution above even 1080p, too. That might only make sense on a tablet with a "retina" caliber display.

The art design in these GLBenchmarks is getting more sophisticated. I think 2.5 was designed after 3.0, so that helps it compare well.

Looks like they fixed the OOM problem then. Hopefully the new driver gets pushed to other Adreno-based devices as part of their next OS update.

But why does it show msm8960(Krait based S4 class SoC) as the model?
Strange indeed. The CPU frequency is also too low for the MSM8660 (1GHz) so this *might* imply it's a downclocked MSM8960 engineering sample. The GPU seems to be at the same 266MHz clock given the fill test warm-up results...

Strange indeed. The CPU frequency is also too low for the MSM8660 (1GHz) so this *might* imply it's a downclocked MSM8960 engineering sample. The GPU seems to be at the same 266MHz clock given the fill test warm-up results...

Very early engineering sample... or maybe it's only 8660 with early 8960 drivers to check if the improved drivers might be useful on 220?

Back