Giants: Citizen Kabuto ROCKS!

Note that the Cat 3.8 boasts improved Giants performance, courtesy of OpenGL Guy. My 9100 saw a nice boost. I'm using the GF3 patch, BTW.

I too loved Giants, thanks for the Gf3 patch link, I was nevber able to find it before.

I will defintely be going back to it, DX8 shaders and improved performance in one week!

arpfix.<whateveritis>
Is the file to delete/rename ;)

I so love Giants :D
Especially with the gf3 patch :D :D :D

Hey, I remember Giants. The multiplayer was actually pretty fun. BTW...

SPOILERS for those who haven't beaten the game.

Why is the final mission/battle played as the Mechs? Not even the full Mechs, just 1 mech, yet the final campaign is the reavers.

Fox5 said:

Why is the final mission/battle played as the Mechs? Not even the full Mechs, just 1 mech, yet the final campaign is the reavers.

Kabuto is the final campaign, well unless you allow the Reapers both their's and Kabuto's campaigns..

Is Kabuto's last? Oh well, still, it was just wierd to go so long with completely different play styles(there was a short period you were alone, then it was as a group, then you were building, then you were a reaver who was usually building, then kabuto, and then you go back to being a lone mech)

But it just seemed strange that they all of a sudden put you back into a role that you hadn't played in like forever.

Pete said:
Note that the Cat 3.8 boasts improved Giants performance, courtesy of OpenGL Guy. My 9100 saw a nice boost. I'm using the GF3 patch, BTW.

Now if someone can just get Sacrifice's Z errors sorted out.

Fox5 said:

well delphi got her ass kicked by kabuto , so somebody had to do the job right , right?

the other mechs had to defend the base and baz was there to help delphi because he's da man and also in love with her.

..and now after saving the smarties straight to planet majorca to have a beer...

:)

John Reynolds said:
Did you try playing with the D3D compatability setting "support 32-bit Z-buffer depth?"

I jsut want to add that this is the best PC gaming experience I have had thus far (whilst it lasted) and the cutscenes play a major role as to why. Just such brilliant comedy with a scottish twist :)

Ack-Meddddddddddddddddddddd!

I can't believe he jsut gets gobbled up like that near the beginning of the game. The middle section of the game is absolutely astounding and easily the best part for me.

John Reynolds,

I just installed it, but I can't find my CD key. /grrrr I have an excel spreadsheet with many of my CD keys, and a few hard copies around, but guess I didn't have that one.

/sigh
Dr. Ffreeze

PS. Sometimes, playing older games when you have plenty of horsepower under the hood to play the game lets you find a gem or two. =)

yeah I've been itching to try Sacrifice, but kept avoiding it as I knew John always had problems with it on the R300.

HUNGREY!!!

:oops:

Although Giants' singleplayer campaign was great, it's multiplayer that really shows how fun multiplayer can be. I've played it on several LANs with ~8 people, and it's just great to have three Meccs in a gyrocopter swoop down and bomb Kabuto's ass!
We'd always be annoying eachother by placing the GyroPad in the most hidden places. All too often the GyroPad would only be reachable by... GyroCopter. :rolleyes:

Giants is one of the few games that really had me rolling. It definitely qualifies as a new classic even though it didn't get the PR it deserved. Most of the PR it did get was due to its initial buggy nature. :cry: I wish PlanetMoon had released an official patch that gave us all of the GF3/EAX goodies, but they didn't, so you have to do some hunting and pecking. I'm tempted to load it up again... Last time I played it, I was using an Audigy and a GF3. Now I'm using a 9700Pro, and an Audigy2 XT. Could be phun! :p For all of the vermints that enjoyed Giants I would strongly recommend looking at PlanetMoons latest game which seems to be developed off of an updated version of the Giants engine: http://www.lucasarts.com/products/armedanddangerous/

Should be fun! :devilish:

Wow, what a blast from the past. Such a classic game! I remember wowing over the EMBM effects.

Back