(G4TV) Brand New 60FPS MGS4 Trailer from BlimBlim(It will shock you)

mistan

Newcomer
http://www.gamesmediamirror.com/leech_1701_1_en.html
I cant believe how much of a difference 60fps makes....
That's moving way too smooth. This is a dream come true because i always wanted motion like that.
Anyways...this is the direct feed recorded from G4TV. It was re-encoded at 60fps(progressive) so that's why there's a softer look and BlimBlim said that the trailer moved just like this at TGS.
Oh man does it look good at 60FPS though.

If you want sharper but not as smooth movements (i would go for 60fps, or both) then go here:
http://www.gamersreports.com/index.php?sid=3501

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh-My-God! :oops: :oops:

The wind effects and papers in the air look even better... I'm speachless! :oops:

"wow" ;)

the attention to detail is unrivaled, Im no tech head but I understand what some people are saying when you say theirs nothing here the 360 could not do but the way it all comes to together is damn right outrageous for the time Konami have aledgedly had with the hardware.

PC gamer inside of me got a real slap in the face by this trailer.

DSNK2 No need to bring the Unreal into this thread, we already have enough ruined MGS4 threads because of GOW.

rabidrabbit said:
DSNK2 No need to bring the Unreal into this thread, we already have enough ruined MGS4 threads because of GOW.

:LOL: U joker... U were joking right...
Cause if you weren't, i'm sure the guy meant "Unreal - the footage" as in unbelievable...

question:

could Sony have given Konami any help with this trailer ? they really needed this after the whole CG saga and it seems so early in the day to be seeing such a complete visual package from the PS3.

DSN2K said:
question:

could Sony have given Konami any help with this trailer ? they really needed this after the whole CG saga and it seems so early in the day to be seeing such a complete visual package from the PS3.

What kind of help do you mean? Financial? I'm sure Mr Kojima and Co are getting a very good treatment from Sony, both financially and in terms of tech support.

How much i enjoyed the video of the new MGS4 (probably my favorite series of them all) i dont think anything can wow me so much as the trailer for MGS2. When i finally got the game it blow me away and i dont think anything can suceed that feeling.

Its sad in some ways but i guess its the evolution of games.
Going little OT but the same can be said about water in games. Waverace64 for some reason i still "like" the most, but of course there are better looking fluids in current and coming games. Just feeling little Retro today, pardon..

london-boy said:
What kind of help do you mean? Financial? I'm sure Mr Kojima and Co are getting a very good treatment from Sony, both financially and in terms of tech support.

Perhaps konamy helped sony ,rather.
*waiting for ps3's ico team project*

I don't know if it´s me, but that video in 720p from ruliweb (3min) is better than that, isn't it?
I´ve percieved the benefits of 60fps (not thaaaaat quality but...), but grafics (colors, textures, sharpness, etc) i prefer the other video.

Just wondering.. if this was captured straight of G4TV's broadcast, how can it be really 60FPS?
NTSC standard is 29.97 (or something around there) FPS, HD or not, isn't it? (and PAL 24.7 or something around there)

Kaotik said:
Just wondering.. if this was captured straight of G4TV's broadcast, how can it be really 60FPS?
NTSC standard is 29.97 (or something around there) FPS, HD or not, isn't it? (and PAL 24.7 or something around there)

WOW today's the day for broadcasts framerates discussions isn't it!
(The subject has come up in 3 different threads today, for different reasons, from different people... at pretty much the same time... kinda freaky...)

Kaotik said:

Well mistan stated that "blimblim" re-encoded the video at 60FPS.

*shrugs

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to A/V matters.

Very impressive looking and some nice humorous elements, but I almost fell asleep once the initial wow wore off. You could easily cut 2+ minutes from that trailer and it'd still be boring. Yikes!

I know. I thought it was boring too. I mean where was the action, the drama, the story, the characterization, the tragedy, the comedy! I know they could've fit all that in an 8 minute trailer!

Yeah...I can see how it can be long winded but to the veteran MGS players that have followed the story from the beginning its a very important trailer. It shows certain things about the storylines progression that some people that may not have played the previous MGS will be oblivios to. I was personally shocked to see Otacon look the way he does and the MK II making an appearence. As i've said already...i'm waiting for the BIG ONE. The direct feed HD trailer. Until then...all these little updates are like stop gaps until THAT trailer hits the net.

What are you talking about? Most of the trailer was boring, those two things could have been shown in much less time. I mean after the part where Snake takes out that first soldier it gets very boring...

It doesn't seem "very important" story wise, and only slightly important gameplay wise (return of the CQC) This was obviously made just to show off the graphics.

Atsim said:
What are you talking about? Most of the trailer was boring, those two things could have been shown in much less time. I mean after the part where Snake takes out that first soldier it gets very boring...

It doesn't seem "very important" story wise, and only slightly important gameplay wise (return of the CQC) This was obviously made just to show off the graphics.

Uhhh..ok. I believe theres a difference of opinion factor going on here. :roll eyes:. Like I stated before...people who have past played the MGS series and have followed the storyline would have gotten more from this trailer. If you wanted story progression...I think its best for you to wait until the game comes out. Either that or the trailer would have better been suited to you if they just made scrolling text (Ala Star Wars) telling you what has happened.

Seeing SS Old, Otacon Old, a raveged land and Soldiers interacting with Gears tells you alot. Also...how much info do you nee before they spoil anything? Its all in the dialogue and the visuals.

Atsim said:
I mean after the part where Snake takes out that first soldier it gets very boring...

Re reading that it screams "When the dialogue begins it gets very boring" instead of Snake fighting throughout the whole trailer. What can I say...considering that your probably the type that doesn't like Metal Gear to begin with...since theres ALOT of diologue and "scenes" aside from gameplay in Metal Gear Solid games. What else did you expect? When I play a new Metal Gear...I EXPECT a half hour codec dialogue on the intricacies of snakes weapons and terriain...*shrugs*...difference of taste.

Back