Freezing to Black Screen Theater 550pro

Blacklash

Newcomer
Are there any known conflicts between the X1900s and Theater 550pro products?

I can watch TV via the 550pro then after a few minutes the picture will freeze, the audio will loop, then it goes completely black screen. I can't even force a reboot. I have to kill the power completely from the PSU or powerstrip.

I tried it on MCE 2005 and under windows XP SP-2 with cyberlinks power cinema 4. Same results. I have tried the CD drivers in both cases, for the X1900 and the 550pro, then the most current, available from ATi for them, aka the 6.2s.

I tried my old AIW X1800XL with and without the Theater 550pro. It works without and freezes with. It locks the system and I have to kill the power. I wonder what in the world is up. I can use the AIW and all tv tuning by itself fine. Maybe it is this ASUS mobo. I did have an EPoX and I don't remember having these issues.

Found this at [H]ardOcP in the conclusion of a Theater 550pro review from Visiontek:

"At this point, the Beyond TV software would lock up (we could still maneuver around Windows for a little bit) and then the whole system would freeze after a minute or two. This required us to do a hard reset to recover from the lockup. We simply could not get the TV part of Beyond TV to work correctly on the A8N-SLI Deluxe.
... We moved the capture card over to our ABIT AA8-DuraMax platform, put it in, installed Beyond TV, and it installed with no problems whatsoever."

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzk5LDcsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

Mine is an A8N SLi premium. The software is Cyberlink power cinema 4. In a few days I will switch to my EPoX board when I have time and see what is what. I was using the Asus board again because of the passive cooling.

EDIT 03/02/06: I installed everything as I did with the ASUS board, difference is my Theater 550pro is now fully functional on this EPoX board. I can use any software or decoder with it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back