FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrational Games (ex looking glass) were great story tellers.
I also liked tribes 2 I still find it fun with bots

- "StarsiegeAndStarsiegeTribes.iso" is actually just Starsiege; Disc 2 is missing;Tribes is missing; CD audio tracks are missing.

That's sad. That was one of my all time favorites. I remember just buying it off the shelf cold with no idea what it was about. I ended up playing for months almost non-stop. Only other multiplayer games I did that was Descent 2 & Unreal Tournament. Never played Tribes 2 though. Came out after me leaving the PC industry for a couple of years.

Tommy McClain

It's a shame you have to use Epic's own game platform though.

Well Steam is a bit different than the usual publisher specific platform, but yeah apart from some of the worst customer service I've experienced its decent. Considering most of my games are on it it is very convenient.

From June 21 to June 28, you can get Battlefield 4 Second Assault for free, featuring four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3.

LIMBO for Free

Steam News announces that LIMBO is free to add to your account for the next two days. This isn't a free weekend, however, as the once redeemed, the game is yours to keep. Here's word: "Add LIMBO to your account and play for FREE starting now until June 22nd at 10AM Pacific Time! Once you add the game it will remain in your account after the free period

Last edited:
In order to get Prince of Persia (and all of the free Ubisoft Club games) for free, you’ll need to create a Uplay account and download the Uplay app, but it’s a price worth paying for what should be a solid lineup of free games.

Ubisoft will reveal the next free game in July.
https://bgr.com/2016/06/20/prince-of-persia-free-pc-game/

Got mine though I had to go to the website to do it. I didn't seem to be able to just get it through my Uplay application. But it shows up in it now.

Is that the one where you cant die because some woman rescues you every time you fall.
I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know if that happens to me. Only 1.82 GB to download, I'd forgotten how compact classic adventure games can be.

When I died, no pretty lady but I had the narrator say "No, no, that's not how the story goes" and I respawn.

Wide screen/HD resolution fix works. http://www.wsgf.org/dr/prince-persia-sands-time

I'm using 3840 x 2160. I just had to set the neat little app to the right game, and then the right directory. I maxed out the visuals but fog is indeed broken for me. But I saw a post at the Steam forum. https://steamcommunity.com/app/13600/discussions/0/846940247752900485/

Fog bug (or: "OMG I CAN'T SEE A DAMN THING!!")

If you can barely see anything on the main menu background or in-game like I experienced, change these values in your "Hardware.ini":

Before
ForceVSFog=0
InvertFogRange=1
After
ForceVSFog=1
InvertFogRange=0
Save/Close.

And for the UI there's this.

Missing Interface

Because of the resolution change, your UI will most likely be (partially) invisible.
Open your "Hardware.ini" file (steamapps\common\prince...) and change:

Before
CanStretchRect=1
After
CanStretchRect=0
Save/Close.

Is that the one where you cant die because some woman rescues you every time you fall.

No. IIRC, this is the original reboot of Prince of Persia released in 2003. IE - the good one.

The one you're thinking of is the reboot of the reboot. Prince of Persia (2008). IE - the bad one.

Regards,
SB

thanks will download it shortly
I was thinking it was this game btw I actually enjoyed it
6I1mxkj.jpg

ps:
Consortium: The Master Edition free at GoG!! It's a modern game from 2014 with fine graphics and stuff
Its no longer free

Last edited:
Yeah the PoP remake was a bit boring to play at times but the ending was actually brilliant. Pretty far removed from the usual fare we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back