Free dual-layer DVD burner tool - what's recommended?

Guden Oden

Legend
I don't feel like paying extra for a program to burn discs with the burner I bought yesterday. I'd like some recommendations of freeware proggies please. :)

Burner didn't include anything?

BTW since you're outside of US: Nero 6 Downloadable Serial Number US$ 59.99 - I'd consider it as good price for almost everything incl. DL support:
Nero 6 Ultra Edition
Major Update/PowerPack Now Available
Nero StartSmart
Nero Burning ROM 6
Nero Express 6
NeroVision Express 2
Nero ShowTime
Nero Recode 2
Nero PhotoShow Express
Nero BackItUp
Nero SoundTrax
Nero Wave Editor 2
Nero Cover Designer
NeroMIX
Nero Toolkit
Nero ImageDrive
InCD 4
DVD-Video Plug-In*
Multichannel Plug-In*
Nero Digital Audio Plug-In*
WMP 9 Plug-In*

*Now included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition, retail package and web version.

Only the mp3PRO Plug-In and WMA Plug-In sold separately - I think it's a fair deal.

T2k,

Nah, the burner incuded an antistatic bag, that's pretty much it. :D It's an OEM unit... Anyway, I'm sure I don't need wave editors and photoshow expresses n shit, I just need to be able to burn (dual-layer) DVDs, mainly for file (not movie or game) backup purposes. Isn't there any free software at all that can do this on the windows platform?

Give it another month or so Guden, I've heard that there is a freeware burner being worked on that will support it. :) (I started following the dual-layer thingy a bit after I found out I could flash my lite-on to enable it. ;) )

digitalwanderer said:
Give it another month or so Guden, I've heard that there is a freeware burner being worked on that will support it. :)

Wow, thanks! :) You have any linkies or such please? :)

Thanxx! I'll check it out, I don't even have any dual-layer discs, but I got ONE rw disc that I can experiment with! :)

Back