Forza 5 comming to p.c ???

Davros

Legend
from the ms directx12 presentation
Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios showcased earlier today a tech demo of Forza 5 running on the PC via its new API, DirectX 12. Well, time to take a look at what was shown. YouTube's channel "Bright Side Network" has uploaded the video showing off Forza 5 running with constant 60fps at 1080p on the PC.

Would be amazing if it did... I prefer Forza over GT and PS4 over Xbox One... damn contradictions (I won't buy both consoles.)

aww... showing off xbox exclusive game that wont cometo PC...

btw Microsoft Fortitilla slide presentation that leaked for xbox 720 shows that their vision is playing Xbox games on anyting.

A constant 60fps at 1080p on a PC? Wow, that's unheard of! :rolleyes:

On a Titant Black no less.

It's official! PC needs a $1000 GPU + DX12 to match the XB1!
:smile2: I agree with your statement, was about to say the same --apparently no one noticed I edited my post.

I'd add that you can only achieve that using prescripted interactions, even if you have a Titan Black.

AI, is that true? Have you been measuring the pixels?

:smile2: I agree with your statement, was about to say the same --apparently no one noticed I edited my post.

I'd add that you can only achieve that using prescripted interactions, even if you have a Titan Black.

I was being sarcastic mate ;)

Meh, it's just 2 heavily downclocked Titan Blacks on a single board in SLI. You'd be much better off with a pair of 780 Ti's in SLI at less than half the price and a lot more performance.

Meh, it's just 2 heavily downclocked Titan Blacks on a single board in SLI. You'd be much better off with a pair of 780 Ti's in SLI at less than half the price and a lot more performance.

But then you'd have just 3GB of usable memory.

About Forza 5 for Windows:
- "But, but.. they even announced they would revitalize their commitment to the PC and all!"

Yeah right. They announced the very same thing some 10 times during the last 10 years yet we always see how that turns out as a blatant lie.

No, we won't see any Forza or Halo in the PC, ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you can get 6GB versions now. Or if not yet then very soon. I know there's been a 6GB 780 (non Ti) released and even a pair of them would probably give very similar performance to the Titan Z at a vastly lower price.

About Forza 5 for Windows:
- "But, but.. they even announced they would revitalize their commitment to the PC and all!"

Yeah right. They announced the very same thing some 10 times during the last 10 years yet we always see how that turns out as a blatant lie.

No, we won't see any Forza or Halo in the PC, ever again.
Phil Spencer mentioned very recently that they are going to support the PC and focus on it. Let's see how things pan out.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer

pbjliverpool, I am quite surprised by your reply, I thought there was nothing that could beat a Titan, but I am glad there are smarter alternatives from the company where the Titan originated from.

Phil Spencer mentioned very recently that they are going to support the PC and focus on it. Let's see how things pan out.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer

I don't know where it is, but I saw here a link to a GAF post where a guy enumerated all the times that Microsoft announced a "renewed focus on windows gaming" (with links to boot) ever since the original XBox came out.
The number of times was rather obscene, like more than once every year Microsoft launches a public statement saying exactly this, just to proceed on actively sabotaging PC gaming. And they can afford it, because MacOS devices and Linux drivers suck for gaming.

Just think of what exactly Microsoft had done to PC gaming during the past 10 years, aside from slowly iterating on DirectX:

- Bought the Halo franchise and blocked it from the PC. Halo 2 only came out some ~3 years after the Xbox release because they tried to use it to sell Windows Vista.

- Bought the Gears of War franchise and blocked it from the PC.

- Bought Ensemble Studios along with the Age of Empires franchise and then disbanded the Studio. No more decent Age of Empires/Mythology for PC (except for that F2P aberration).

- Killed off Flight Simulator, which was a powerful niche and had a whole market of peripherals just for it.

- Bought Lionhead Studios, blocked Fable 2 from ever reaching the PC, no more Black & White titles.

- Bought Digital Anvil, disbanded the team a little after the success of Freelancer in the PC. Kept the Freelancer franchise, never released another title again (probably because the complexity of the game wouldn't be compatible with the gamepads in their consoles). Thank goodness for Chris Roberts going rogue, though.

- Purchased a 3-year delay of Alan Wake for PC -> which was originally a PC game. It was used as a demo for quad-core CPUs in ~2007 IIRC.

- Created Games for Windows Live - which was horrendous in every possible perspective - and then enforced it on some games. Like GTA IV for Steam which had the Rockstar Social crap running on top of GFWL on top of Steam.

If you think about it, Microsoft has been actively hurting the PC industry, while releasing some bullshit statements about how they will focus on PC from time to time.
During the last 10 years, how many high-profile games from 1st party Microsoft studios have we seen in the PC?

I don't believe a single thing Phil Spencer says. I think DX12 is a knee-jerk reaction to Mantle.
This statement is Microsoft figuring out that all the crap they've been doing to the PC is finally coming after them. With SteamOS, Mantle and Khronos coming back from the dead (thanks to OpenGL in the mobile platforms), things are getting very real.

I don't know where it is, but I saw here a link to a GAF post where a guy enumerated all the times that Microsoft announced a "renewed focus on windows gaming" (with links to boot) ever since the original XBox came out.
The number of times was rather obscene, like more than once every year Microsoft launches a public statement saying exactly this, just to proceed on actively sabotaging PC gaming. And they can afford it, because MacOS devices and Linux drivers suck for gaming.

Just think of what exactly Microsoft had done to PC gaming during the past 10 years, aside from slowly iterating on DirectX:

- Bought the Halo franchise and blocked it from the PC. Halo 2 only came out some ~3 years after the Xbox release because they tried to use it to sell Windows Vista.

- Bought the Gears of War franchise and blocked it from the PC.

- Bought Ensemble Studios along with the Age of Empires franchise and then disbanded the Studio. No more decent Age of Empires/Mythology for PC (except for that F2P aberration).

- Killed off Flight Simulator, which was a powerful niche and had a whole market of peripherals just for it.

- Bought Lionhead Studios, blocked Fable 2 from ever reaching the PC, no more Black & White titles.

- Bought Digital Anvil, disbanded the team a little after the success of Freelancer in the PC. Kept the Freelancer franchise, never released another title again (probably because the complexity of the game wouldn't be compatible with the gamepads in their consoles). Thank goodness for Chris Roberts going rogue, though.

- Purchased a 3-year delay of Alan Wake for PC -> which was originally a PC game. It was used as a demo for quad-core CPUs in ~2007 IIRC.

- Created Games for Windows Live - which was horrendous in every possible perspective - and then enforced it on some games. Like GTA IV for Steam which had the Rockstar Social crap running on top of GFWL on top of Steam.

If you think about it, Microsoft has been actively hurting the PC industry, while releasing some bullshit statements about how they will focus on PC from time to time.
During the last 10 years, how many high-profile games from 1st party Microsoft studios have we seen in the PC?

I don't believe a single thing Phil Spencer says. I think DX12 is a knee-jerk reaction to Mantle.
This statement is Microsoft figuring out that all the crap they've been doing to the PC is finally coming after them. With SteamOS, Mantle and Khronos coming back from the dead (thanks to OpenGL in the mobile platforms), things are getting very real.
That's the kind of response I'd expect from you.

Anyways, PC gamers got wonderful things like the PC edition of the 360 gamepad, a great controller, only surpassed by the Xbox One's gamepad --lighter, even more comfortable, they managed to make it better.

Gears of War... Halo... etc:, I could see that one coming, and it was an obvious choice back in the day. The last generation of consoles relegated the PC at the beginning of the gen and many companies were unsure of what could be the best approach. Consoles became top priority, but PCs will always be unique in the end, so no worries.

Valve did the right thing. Still... Steam is a great platform, nice to get mods 'cos of the workshop, but it lacks polish. It installs as a Windows service, and things like that, and I just prefer GoG.

Train Simulator: Perhaps they did that 'cos it's too niche, just like Flight Simulator. Still a good example of the kind of software MS could create back in the day.

I think that it happened due to piracy or something like that.

Ensemble Studios: not much to argue there, it's just that Age of Empires 3 wasn't as good as it could possible be. Halo Wars was okay.

Still, if it were Heroes of Might and Magic they would never do that, I am sure.

DirectX 12 has been planned for a few years now. It's not a reaction to anything, it wasn't planned in a couple of months, especially looking at how ambitious it is. Mantle is great for what it is. Still... limited to a few selected GPUs and CPUs, not even the entire AMD lineup.

If you consider the fact that Microsoft counts every tablet running Windows RT or Windows 8.1 a PC like the fabulous Surface Pro 2, and they believe the future of PC is not only in the home space, but also in the tablets and phones world to the point that people are going to have at least a phone and maybe a tablet, this is obviously the more sensible thing to do.

This way Microsoft can reach every PC running Windows 8 and beyond, every tablet running Windows RT or 8, every Windows Phone running Windows Phone 8.1, and of course even having the same games also available on the Xbox One and on other platforms like iOS or Android.

It doesn't make sense for Microsoft to reach out to a minority with high-specifications PCs. DirectX 12 does have a huge focus on scalability and efficiency, so the games can look their best on whatever device they're running on.

I trust Phil Spencer.

Anyways, PC gamers got wonderful things like the PC edition of the 360 gamepad, a great controller, only surpassed by the Xbox One's gamepad --lighter, even more comfortable, they managed to make it better.
I take exception to that
The pc had dozens of gamepads that were just as good
ms's insistence on forcing their console pad on pc gamers (and by extension their xinput api) was a terrible thing.

MS "hey pc gamers we are introducing a new controller and a new api so that your existing gamepads wont work properly see how much we love you, oh and as an added bonus this new gamepad wont work properly in your existing games, I bet you'll be dancing in the street upon hearing this news. And if a racing game only supports xinput it means your steering wheels wont work thats how much we care."

Back