ForumWarz: Free browser/AJAX based parody RPG YOU, yes you, must play

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
http://www.forumwarz.com

I could spend some time explaining how the game works, but you'd be better off trying for yourself, if you have some time to spend/kill. You'd only need a modern browser (Netscape 3 might have been good to you, but it's time to let it go I think) and an email address, as far as technical requirement goes.

For information, it has virtually all what you'd expect from a table RPG or CRPG. It's just that the universe is something familiar to internets denizens.

In any case, give it a try.

Note that some images might be somewhat not-safe-for-work (NSFW). So, don't try this at work, if you're working at "Will Somebody Think Of The Children Corp."

This was discussed in some detail on the latest 1up yours podcast. The concept sounds great, something that my wife could really get into. Main criticism so far seems to be that the writing is really weak. As they said in the podcast, hopefully they allow user mods, and otherwise hopefully it will have some good copy-cats. ;)

The daily/hourly limit is kind of a big turn-off. Yet, there're definitely a lot of good ideas there.

I could definitely see me playing a real, as in serious, AJAX-based RPG. There have been forum-driven text RPGs in the past, but they were too austere for me to care about them. I know, I played MUDs and other text adventure games back in the days, but I just can't see myself spending a lot of time anymore with games that lack a a visibly interactive look-and-feel. (I can still play some ASCII Rogue likes, though. But I'd argue that these have visible interactivity, as simple and schematic it could be).

"A modern browser" apparently means Firefox, Firefox or... Firefox :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's kind of broken with IE for me too. And based on what I read in this thread, it doesn't like Opera much neither.

Well, given it's AJAX heavy, it's not surprising to see it not working the same way, or at all, in every browser. Just try it in Firefox.

ROFLMFAO! Did anyone see the ad? "It's even sexier than 2 girls 1 cup". I suggest you don't google this, unless you're a pervert.

"And you've totally got to check out this LOTR/SBTB mashup. Hilarious, and the dialog is spot-on." 'Give my my preciousssssssss, preppy!"

THE FOLLOWING IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE AT ALL sI:<s>evalaler±a(1)ccJs>1s7 :<s)-</5>tt ‘ .s) 51is7e1 ds OeZ=/s/!—/s/?s)[1j :€te3=/s/!/s/?s)[Zj :€te4=/s/I/s/ s/?O[e1-e2Fe3•ie4]:Ø1a1/s//s/?s3[4]:O1a2/s//s/?s
s/?s3[6j:Øu4=/s/!—Js/?s3[7j:ØuS /s/!—Js/?s3[j:Øji6 43a7-/s/Is/s/?s)[11] 13a8=/s/1—Js/?s3[12]
€ta ciIaZi a) -a4 FaSc1&a7 Fa8 4, e(a)

I forgot my password and they seem to have a disfunctional password reset process so I can't play unless I create a new account.

My character is a level 6 (or 7, not sure) Troll now.

THE FOLLOWING IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE AT ALL sI:<s>evalaler±a(1)ccJs>1s7 :<s)-</5>tt ‘ .s) 51is7e1 ds OeZ=/s/!—/s/?s)[1j :€te3=/s/!/s/?s)[Zj :€te4=/s/I/s/ s/?O[e1-e2Fe3•ie4]:Ø1a1/s//s/?s3[4]:O1a2/s//s/?s
s/?s3[6j:Øu4=/s/!—Js/?s3[7j:ØuS /s/!—Js/?s3[j:Øji6 43a7-/s/Is/s/?s)[11] 13a8=/s/1—Js/?s3[12]
€ta ciIaZi a) -a4 FaSc1&a7 Fa8 4, e(a)
:LOL:

Back