Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Yeah, the Americas are a nightmare at this point in time. I'm a bit surprised about Canada but then again you would likely have Americans hopping over the border to watch the GP and that could be bad.

yeah one and in other sports hundreds of people get infected

so far i think f1 of all big sports have done it the best

Only real option imho. He missed only three races while the other two haven't raced a F1 car in ages and aren't as quick as Hulk anyway.

By the way I just read Perez went on a trip to Mexico... Apparently his mom had an accident bit still, given the circumstances going on a trip to Mexico doesn't sound like the smart thing to do unless absolutely necessary.

yeah but its easy to get this virus and he said he flew on a private plane to and fro and followed all the precautions

Apparently Hulk also had to do some superlicense paperwork, according to Safnauer. He’s six tenths down on Stroll in both P1 and P2. Assuming he fits in the car, he couldn’t ask for a better go at it than two weekends at the same track.

Vettel’s car with all sorts of problems. Intercooler problem meant he missed P1, and he had a loose pedal in P2. Three seconds off Charles. It’s very hot at Silverstone, so maybe they were easing the engine back up to full power? It’ll be 10C (20F) cooler Saturday and Sunday, so today’s conditions aren’t really directly relevant (maybe for next weekend).

Albon crashed in P2: slight mid-corner oversteer moment led to the car swinging the other way and him hitting the barriers backwards. Both he and Max complained of understeer in the low speed corners. Also windy. Might be factors.

Stroll topped P2, but it was somewhat compromised by Albon’s crash.

DiRiesta was talking about Hulk’s bigger hips on Sky during P1. :D Perhaps coincidentally Hulk complained of a numb right [butt] cheek over the radio, but that might be normal emergency seat fitting stuff.

I feel like there’s a lot to chew on this year, even allowing for Hamilton probably winning the title again. A lot of interesting teammate fights* (Renault, McLaren, Ferrari, Racing Point, and I guess Merc and Alpha) and a couple of interesting team battles (Renault vs McLaren, Red Bull vs Racing Point). This might be the first time I watch all five sessions of a race weekend.

* Bonus Alonso next year!

DiResta only started talking about that after Hulk complained.

Edit: can someone explain the rule here, as described this isn't making any sense to me o_O
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...or-gearbox-change.5aUkqDX3Q9WmfKSPTRMLlV.html
I think it was originally meant for people who actually crash out to get fresh parts without penalty, but it really applies to all who don't finish. And if I'm not mistaken it has been really abused few times too (driving straight into carage couple laps before the race is over when you're not going to finish on points anyway)

Hamilton stopped Q2 with under 9 mins remaining by spinning half the sand trap on to track

Back