Firefox tweaking for performance

did it, and wheeee....

speeded up considerably... hope the speedup stays here for long term... I am going to read now to find out why aren't those the default options...

so OK... only to cater for all users... and the difference seems to be soo huge at first, that I think it would have been good if they made two different FF's installs for download at the beginning, "narrowband" and "broadband" as this FF tweak really makes it a lot faster... I am impressed so far, just hope it lasts...

I know, ain't it cool?

I just felt bad for the guy who wrote up the article on it and got bashed so hard on Warp2search because some people had already heard of it.

If I didn't write, "what some other people had already know", as a criteria I would write very, VERY little! :oops:

vb said:
silence said:

you know people run firefox on a bunch of different OS's, do you?

soooo...i shouldnt post tweaks that help speed up browser? :rolleyes:

eusa_clap.gif

digitalwanderer said:
I know, ain't it cool?

I just felt bad for the guy who wrote up the article on it and got bashed so hard on Warp2search because some people had already heard of it.

If I didn't write, "what some other people had already know", as a criteria I would write very, VERY little! :oops:

mah those bashers are lamers of "I knew it before you did, I feel so good about myself" category

Druga Runda said:
did it, and wheeee....

speeded up considerably... hope the speedup stays here for long term... I am going to read now to find out why aren't those the default options...

so OK... only to cater for all users... and the difference seems to be soo huge at first, that I think it would have been good if they made two different FF's installs for download at the beginning, "narrowband" and "broadband" as this FF tweak really makes it a lot faster... I am impressed so far, just hope it lasts...

well...as you say, they have to make defaults for everyone....
but FireTune really kicks in....

Druga Runda said:
did the tweak at work now doing it at home ;)

edit: heh nice ;)

glad i helped...
i true extension junkie... and i love my Firefox to extent some people will call me zealot, but all the extensions and stuf...its simply fun for me...

extensionmirror has 600+ extensions....i go there at least once a week to see what going on....

if u wanna really crazy theme....check this -> http://people.zeelandnet.nl/marco/pimpzilla/

Weird. I tried this on a couple different PCs, and all it did was dramatically increase Firefox's memory usage.

I don't see much of an improvement with the tuner thing myself.
I'm on a 4Mb connection. Things were fast before and are still fast...

london-boy said:

i noticed difference on 1.5, but basically cause it also changes order of things to render, so you get text then pics, which does make it look much faster....

as for other tweaks i already have all those network pipelining and other stuff tweaked....

silence said:
london-boy said:

i noticed difference on 1.5, but basically cause it also changes order of things to render, so you get text then pics, which does make it look much faster....

as for other tweaks i already have all those network pipelining and other stuff tweaked....

I'll try to open sites like IGN tonight from home and see if it loads faster... That's one hell of a slow loader..

I'm on 5Mbit connnection and I noticed, but then again I'm also on a router which slows things down a bit.

As for extensions, I know nothing about them. I tried that Pimp theme, which was pretty funky. Anyways, is there like an extension top 10 or something around?

Back