Final Fantasy III DS Store Demo Pics + Video

I am really looking forward to this one, as I haven't played the old FFs before. The game seems to make good use of the graphical capabilities so far, but FF has always been attentive to details.

Hardknock said:
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nds&num=9227&main=nds

Man this game looks so amazing! I wonder if they're using that Actimagine Video Tech that Nintendo licensed (90 min w/ only 32 MB) for all the FMV in this game?

I heard the FMV is only for the trailer, and the actual game will replace the FMV with realtime cutscenes. Honestly, I couldn't imagine them integrating the FMV in anyway, the game is likely pushing the limits of a DS card anyway, and the PSX remakes didn't integrate the FMV either. They just showed a video at the beginning of the game with various highlights from the actual game, and it's likely this trailer is the same thing.

Fox5 said:
I heard the FMV is only for the trailer, and the actual game will replace the FMV with realtime cutscenes. Honestly, I couldn't imagine them integrating the FMV in anyway, the game is likely pushing the limits of a DS card anyway, and the PSX remakes didn't integrate the FMV either. They just showed a video at the beginning of the game with various highlights from the actual game, and it's likely this trailer is the same thing.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I read that FF3 would use FMV extensively throughout the game, if you've played MP: Hunters you'd see what I mean. There was quite a high number of FMV movies in MPH (20+) to help flesh out the story. Using this Actimagine technology: http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/11/15-69

With such small space requirements for this tech it should be more than possible and would add so much to the overal experience...

Hardknock said:
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I read that FF3 would use FMV extensively throughout the game

From IGN
Since the DS hardware has more than one edge on the original Super NES, SquareEnix is making sure to take advantage of as many technical achievements as possible. The game features amazing FMV, touch control and an awesome musical score.

hupfinsgack said:

hopefully they are just updating the original score with real instruments... it was absolutely beautiful in every way... uematsu's(spelling) best work IMO

Back