Fight Night 360 Reviews

it's too bad about the AI. i was playin a little FN2 the other day, just for the hell of it, and teh AI is extremely aggressive, extremely quick, although they totally overuse the haymaker it makes for a very hard fought win in the later levels.

it makes you wonder why they didn't just reuse the same system structure as before.

Everybody's saying that the AI is supposedly so easy to beat, but I sure got my ass kicked once or twice in the demo when I used Roy Jones. I never played a Fight Night game before though. Also, Am I the only one here who finds it pants-pissingly funny to K.O. Roy Jones with nothing but dirty elbow shots? Something tells me I won't be able to do that in the full game. I might still have to keep the demo on my hard drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Meaty said:
Everybody's saying that the AI is supposedly so easy to beat, but I sure got my ass kicked once or twice in the demo when I used Roy Jones. I never played a Fight Night game before though. Also, Am I the only one here who finds it pants-pissingly funny to K.O. Roy Jones with nothing but dirty elbow shots? Something tells me I won't be able to do that in the full game. I might still have to keep the demo on my hard drive.

nah it's easy, when i fight hopkins the only test is whether i can knock him out in the 2nd or the 3rd. Fired up FN2 last night, did some frasier v ali action, and damn I had a fight on my hands...probably cause I gotten used to the slower more realistic pace of fn3

expletive said:
Just got a call that my copy is in!

Just called ebgames, they had 1 left and I reserved it...

Damn, I got some good 360 luck...last premium available at superstore, and now last FN available. It's all timing baby!

This game kicks ass! They've made so many little subtle changes I think it's great.

The creat a boxer mode is pretty slick, the face creator is decent although not as great as the system tiger woods. A very cool thing about your character is that as you progress through your career you can unlock new punch styles, and new base style.

So while you may only start out being able to choose between basic, slugger, fast etc, you eventually unlock styles like slickster, or elusive. So adds some character development aspect to the game as you gain new abilities/techniques.

The replay system is excellent! You can control the replays by hitting X, sometime it will switch to different cameras, sometimes just one camera. My favourite thing to do is on the one-camera replays, hit X really fast like 6 time, you get a savage echo effect as your boxer screams, then bam...face ripples + blood + sweat flying off...lovely!

When you're in the corner, you can actually see blood drip down your face, from your nose, or lips, as you're getting your eye fixed, or listening to your trainer. However, it's not fluid at all, but the blood just sorta 'fades in' in little 1/4" pieces one by one. So it works well if you don't watch it too closely.

IGN was waaaaaay off base with regards to the AI. In their review they claim you can leave a boxer in the ring, and the AI is so bad they will not even hit you. FALSE. I tried this at the beginning of a match, within 60seconds my boxer was on the ground. The AI approached me slowly, blocking, and jabbing, after a few seconds it figured out I was not fighting back and began to throw haymaker after haymaker until I was down. That's pretty decent AI in my opinion.

It is possible IGN beat a boxer to a pulp, and then sat in the ring waiting to be attacked. After you beat a guy to a pulp, mentally he has no confidence you can see it in his eyes, he doesn't really want anything to do with you, and will not really attack.

With that said, they do need an extra difficulty setting. It's too easy, at first I thought it was because I had much higher stats than my opponents, but even as I get to harder and harder opponents that are about my equal, it's still pretty easy. Had my first 5 round fight today, fighting Roy Jones for the 2nd time, so it does appear to be getting slightly harder. I'm 12-0 with 12KO's, almost all in the 1st or 2nd round. I would love an extremely hard setting, that would add a ton of replay value for longtime FN fans.

They do say to fight in different weight classes to increase the challenge, so after I win the Light heavyweight belt I will challenge for Heavyweight, and hopefully that will be harder.

I must say though, 3 or 4 times the computer has nearly knocked me down, just when I had em about to go down, they'd nail me with a one-punch and suddenll I'M the one going down! Most of the times I manage to clinch, but damn I LOVE how quickly things can turn around in this game.

Hmm..what else..career mode is pretty sweet. Lack of rankings doesn't bother me too much, and it seems like you'll be able to fight many more fights in a single career than before. But where's these weigh-in cut-scenes everyone talks about in teh reviews? I haven't gotten any.

All in all I love it, great game.

p.s. The advertising in the game is HORRIBLE. If I hear 'knock out made possible by dodge" one more time someone IS getting knocked out. I would subtract a whole half point for the advertising, so 8.5/10. Would've been 9, but they completely abused the in-game advertising. At least get 4 or 5 sponsors so it's not so damn repetetive, and unrealistic.

NucNavST3 said:
If for some reason I accidently ask you to go a few rounds, just ignore me...lol
1st or second round, basta...um, I mean good job. :LOL:

Actually, scoob, I'd love to fight one day, maybe I can pick up some pointers.

I love how the crowd really reacts like a boxing crowd should, cheering after you smack someone with a good punch and then steadily increasing their volume as you try to put someone down, and then slowly decreasing their volume as they realize you suck and can't drop a fly, oh wait, sorry my only little tangent about me not being able to finish someone off. I am still disappointed that I can't be Felix.
For sure man, I just gotta renew my live subscription which I'm gonna do anyday, and then I'll send ya in invite when you're online next time.

I just played the demo WAY too much, by the time the game got here I'd already playd like 15 hours, hehe. My friends always quit when I play them, so...I'm workin on that!

Hmmm..some tips on knockin a guy out, basically what I'll do, when he's nearly out is really pick the shots, don't get to greedy, you only need like 3 or 4 good ones and you gotta keep your stamina up, or your punches wil be weak. Usually, I'll do little left hook body, right hook head combo(quick quick), then they'll usually hit back, at that point lean back and give him a nice right cross/uppercut to the head. Then go back to the body, body>head body>head,

when he's nearly down just wait....he'll be blocking, just wait till he drops his hands and BAM in the head, if he won't drop em, throw one or two uppercuts to the body and he'll go down.

a little tip: you should play with the HUD for a little, so you get a feel for your stamina, and how long you need to wait for it to refill. Sounds like your problem is you are punching yourself out, so that when he's about to go down, you have no more stamina, no force behind the punches.

Back