FFXII goes platinum....

london-boy said:
total revenue yes, depending how much games cost in Japan. It's not profit.

So let's say the game cost $60 million dollars to make in Japan right? After advertising and all that other stuff I wonder if they have already made a profit on this game already?

What do you think?

mckmas8808 said:
So let's say the game cost $60 million dollars to make in Japan right? After advertising and all that other stuff I wonder if they have already made a profit on this game already?

What do you think?

You mean $60 to buy, not to make?

After advertising costs and obvious development costs i could safely say that i have no idea since i don't know what they spent on any of those 2. ;)

london-boy said:
You mean $60 to buy, not to make?

After advertising costs and obvious development costs i could safely say that i have no idea since i don't know what they spent on any of those 2. ;)

No I meant lets say that FF XII cost 60 million dollars to make. Would they be seeing a profit already?

mckmas8808 said:
No I meant lets say that FF XII cost 60 million dollars to make. Would they be seeing a profit already?

Oh right... Well it all depends how much they spent in advertising...

it's simple really, revenue is the total money they make by selling the product (so to speak), the costs are all those moneys that are spent from beginning to end to make that product, that involves everything from resources to employees wages, and the profit is the difference between those 2.

I have no idea what the figures are so we shouldn't really speculate. I think it's safe to assume that SquareEnix will make a nice profit out of FF12

I think once FFXII hits NA and europe they'll be hearing the ca-ching sound more often.

And I don't think at this point much advertising needs to be put into a FF Franchise. It just has to be mentioned once and the rest takes care of itself.

S-E exec ----> $ :cool: $

Great news about the FF franchise, I just wish they´d release it here sooner. :(

Oh, and about the CGI vs Realtime discussion, I wouldn´t have a problem with Square letting go of CGI if their models and environments look like the PS3 FFVII tech demo. :D

Back