Ferrets

mkillio

Regular
I'm thinking about getting a ferret as a pet and I was just wondering if anyone has/has had one and what their experience with them was like.

my parents had one before they got me. They have told me many funny stories about them. It had a cage and at the back of the cage was it's food and water dish. To get to it's food and water it would have to run down the hall, past the back of the cage (the opening was on the opposite side), make a u-turn and go inside the cage. Well, one day they were cleaning the cage and so the food and water were just sitting on the floor. So, the ferret runs down the hall, right past the food and water, all the way to where the entrance of the cage normally would be, does a u-turn to go through her normal routine, not realizing that the cage isnt there anymore.

My experience is: Don't let the little bastards bite you because they HURT! Also, don't let them run free or you'll probably never see them again. Both of which happened to the one my mum had :)

They smell realy bad and yo have to give them a bath every other day stop the smell. Oh, and they bit alot and will get into everything you don't want them in. The big thing about them are there very playful so you have to spend alot of time playing with them. If you can't spend alot of time with them then don't get one.

{Sniping}Waste said:
They smell realy bad and yo have to give them a bath every other day stop the smell. Oh, and they bit alot and will get into everything you don't want them in. The big thing about them are there very playful so you have to spend alot of time playing with them. If you can't spend alot of time with them then don't get one.

and I think they usually dont make nice with other pets. Also, they poop everywhere. i think.

Back