Far Cry Primal [PS4, XO] (Feb 2016)

PS4 version looked excellent, full volumetric lighting and PBR give the game a much significant upgrade from FC4, the density of foliage is ridiculous it's approaching real life soon. Man year 3 current gen games are really start to shine.
Yes, watching Ian Higton from Eurogamer play the PS4 version has given me an interest in this. It probably won't be a game I'll pickup at launch but like Unity and Syndicate, a few months later then it's about £25 and it's long term appeal has been judged.

One of my most hyped game for 2016, probably along with The Last Guardian: Pics from Gameplay video hosted by Gamersyde.
I like that he mini map and life bars are kinda blended into the wildlife style. A nice touch.

image_far_cry_primal-30352-3404_0005.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_far_cry_primal-30352-3404_0006.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_far_cry_primal-30352-3404_0009.jpg

Looks amazing!

It's definitely looking a lot more compelling now they are gradually revealing more of the gameplay mechanics. Tameable beasts with distinct attributes and rideable sabretooths and mammoths.

I am still a little concerned about the lack of weapon variety shown (club, bow, spear) but I hope they have more to show.

Very pleased here with what I see. Still had that far cry feel to it but very different. The bow and using animals to help you out were the best thing in FC4 so I really can't wait. And only need to wait until February!

I used the bait so much in Far Cry 4 but that's because I'm a sadistic bastard and I'm tight with my bullets! :) The beast animation does look good, though.

As beautiful this looks I really can't get warm with the concept. For me FC3 was so great because I was in control through the main character which created the huge immersion. This here is more like a squad battle system and you use awkward weapons.

As beautiful this looks I really can't get warm with the concept. For me FC3 was so great because I was in control through the main character which created the huge immersion. This here is more like a squad battle system and you use awkward weapons.
I'm hoping that they will have a trap system as an equivalent of mines, as for grenades.. prehistoric beehives! :yes: The lack of weapon variety is my biggest reservation right now but they keep revealing more and more so we'll see. A club, speak and bow is going to result in some mighty repetitive combat although I like the killer owl!

Speaking of dinosaurs I do wish FC5 would have that as a main theme especially with such a beautiful engine. Hell just make a dinosaur sim using that engine, I could roam around on a T Rex or a Tric through the thick forest, picking fight with rival tribes and what not. Far Cry: Dinotopia.

I do not feel it ! Its just not gelling a weird mish mash of Far Cry mechanics and animations in a new setting. Just not gelling together and lighting is too harsh and unreal.

and it looks like the same old FC4 to me. Same shaders etc. I don't see PBR.

Its just not gelling a weird mish mash of Far Cry mechanics and animations in a new setting.

Hey, that's how game development works.
To quote the developers' book of rules:

"To make a "new" IP you must take an existing IP/franchise/game, reskin it or improve the graphics. Everything else stays the same."

I do not feel it ! Its just not gelling a weird mish mash of Far Cry mechanics and animations in a new setting. Just not gelling together and lighting is too harsh and unreal.

and it looks like the same old FC4 to me. Same shaders etc. I don't see PBR.

Same here. And thanks to the made-up language, I'm pretty sure the all-too-brief sparks of genius which used to come in the form of despotic and fashionable villain characters are not going to make an appearance here either.

I absolutely abhorred most of Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4's script and story so the idea of these disappearing of one of the things that hugely appeals. From the podcasts I've listened too (IGN, PSILYXOXO) impressions of those who played it are actually good. Apparently it's extremely visceral and violent and Ubisoft have not shown all the mechanics yet.

I'm actually really interested in this now. It's just the weapon variety that worried me but I love using bows in games with good bow implementations and that's Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 so this shouldn't be an issue.

Back