Fantastic 4

digitalwanderer said:
Y'know, I kind of take it as a bad sign for the movie that there isn't a pirated copy of it out yet....that generally means the scene doesn't think the movie is so hot so no one is really anxious to rip it. :?
Ha, i knew when i read your first post that you wanted to steal the movie. Good to see at least your not shy about stealing it. lol

OT, I wasnt very into the (ff) comic books, but alba was really miscast in this one. Other than being hot, well incredibly hot, she doesnt bring anything to the character. I mean she isnt that great of an actor to pass as a scientist. Ill catch this movie on dvd.

epic

I didn't say I was planning on stealing it, I said it wasn't available to be stolen yet.

Subtle, yet distinct differences. English is kind of hard I know, but you really should work on it a bit more. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I didn't say I was planning on stealing it, I said it wasn't available to be stolen yet.

Subtle, yet distinct differences. English is kind of hard I know, but you really should work on it a bit more. ;)
And you should work on not stealing so much. ;) A good lesson to pass to the kiddies. 8)

Dig, maybe groups are just scared because of the bust..
I got a copy of war of the worlds with no group name:LOL:
TC, pictiure was pretty good for a movie so new, but audio was hissy:(
They need to crack dts2 encryption :(

radeonic2 said:
There may be some truth to that, they've been less bold and not as quick lately.

But WotW was out within 48 hours of release, so if there is nothing by late tonight I'll take that as a sign.

(BTW-There's already a good 5.1 of WotW out, US audio direct dubbed to a good russian telecine.....me loves international cooperation! ;) )

Isn't it worth paying for just so you don't have to watch it on your computer screen with crappy dubbing and the lipsync issues that arise from that?

RussSchultz said:
Isn't it worth paying for just so you don't have to watch it on your computer screen with crappy dubbing and the lipsync issues that arise from that?

/signed

Particularly when you go to an IMAX. Nothing beats that experience. Already seen Batman Begins IMAX three times.

Telecines can sometimes (as in almost never) be close to dvd-rip in quality, but in general both TS and TC get a big meh from me. Luckily enough I live in the land of get-everything-10-years-after-everyone-else, so the dvd-rips are usually out before they start showing them at theatres here.

Err... Yes, very lucky. :(

RussSchultz said:
Actually the theatres around me have generally crappier picture and sound than watching telecines on my monitor thru my speakers.

I think that's just a bit of me being overly picky, the theatres thinking "loud" means "good", and the fact that the damned camera operators around here just don't seem to be capable of keeping a film in focus for 2 hours. :?

I'm not trying to defend here, just explaining my honest feelings comparing the two experiences.

digitalwanderer said:
radeonic2 said:
There may be some truth to that, they've been less bold and not as quick lately.

But WotW was out within 48 hours of release, so if there is nothing by late tonight I'll take that as a sign.

(BTW-There's already a good 5.1 of WotW out, US audio direct dubbed to a good russian telecine.....me loves international cooperation! ;) )
Motherfucker:(
Just wtched yesterday too.
And lip sync issues?
Perhaps for that russian rip digi was talking about, but I've not seen it, or any movie with direct dubbing with forign video.
Generally speaking telecines are totally watchable, same for screeners.
it's the telesyncs (cam with direct audio) you have to watch out for.
Those are still watchable, but quality is bad obviously, and they still have problems with video brightness flickering from bright to dark sometimes.
You make out what's visable (they do some cropping) but it doesn't look pretty.
I watched a workprint of ROTS and quality was bad, but I didn't care since I didn't pay for it.
I did see it in the theatere, but it wasn't like WOW I'm missing out on something.
Its' just louder, and picture of obviously better.

digitalwanderer said:
...just explaining my honest feelings comparing the two experiences.

Yes, theft versus honesty, in which the thieves cause the honest people to pay more in the end to support the bottom line of the entities ripped off.

digitalwanderer said:
RussSchultz said:
Actually the theatres around me have generally crappier picture and sound than watching telecines on my monitor thru my speakers.
I say the same thing, though about my front projector. ;)

I think that's just a bit of me being overly picky, the theatres thinking "loud" means "good", and the fact that the damned camera operators around here just don't seem to be capable of keeping a film in focus for 2 hours. :?

I'm not trying to defend here, just explaining my honest feelings comparing the two experiences.
Oh, I understand the curses hurled toward theater operators and fellow patrons. Since building my own, I can rarely stand to go to a theater because some dipshit is talking; the sound is up too loud, or they can't focus the damn thing.

But, I'd still rather wait and pay for a DVD rental than watch a version with the time stamp running on it, or worse yet some yahoo that sat in the theater and filmed it. Why anybody would want to watch that crap is beyond me.

I've noticed the sound issue in theaters lately too and was wondering if it was just my hearing (which is a bad family trait and for me has really been worsening in the last few months). War of the Worlds was painfully loud to me last Wednesday at the local Regal Cinemas complex.

John Reynolds said:
I've noticed the sound issue in theaters lately too and was wondering if it was just my hearing (which is a bad family trait and for me has really been worsening in the last few months). War of the Worlds was painfully loud to me last Wednesday at the local Regal Cinemas complex.
Most likely the older theaters trying to play the more complex audio tracks on older speakers .

We have an older theater here that just sounds really really bad. However the thx theaters that were built about 5 years ago sound stellar

jvd said:
Most likely the older theaters trying to play the more complex audio tracks on older speakers .

We have an older theater here that just sounds really really bad. However the thx theaters that were built about 5 years ago sound stellar

These theaters are fairly new. It's not that the sound quality is bad, it's that the volume is painfully high (at least to me). It's just not enjoyable for a middle-aged old fart like me (I think I would've thrilled to those sound levels at the age of 12-15 watching a Star Wars flic).

RussSchultz said:
I say the same thing, though about my front projector. ;)
Dick! We still haven't gotten a big screen HDTV yet. :?

Oh, I understand the curses hurled toward theater operators and fellow patrons. Since building my own, I can rarely stand to go to a theater because some dipshit is talking; the sound is up too loud, or they can't focus the damn thing.
John Reynolds said:
I don't think it's just a local problem anymore at least, now I know it ain't just me. :)

But, I'd still rather wait and pay for a DVD rental than watch a version with the time stamp running on it, or worse yet some yahoo that sat in the theater and filmed it. Why anybody would want to watch that crap is beyond me.
Quality varies, but there are unwritten rules and ratings that most who post that kind of thing follow and there are some truly excellent copies you can get pretty quickly.

No lipsync issues, 5.1 sound, and a faboo picture.

John Reynolds said:
jvd said:

These theaters are fairly new. It's not that the sound quality is bad, it's that the volume is painfully high (at least to me). It's just not enjoyable for a middle-aged old fart like me (I think I would've thrilled to those sound levels at the age of 12-15 watching a Star Wars flic).

it could be that ... mabye you should trim those ear hairs ?

jvd said:
it could be that ... mabye you should trim those ear hairs ?

I'm very fastidious about that. Was eating lunch with a co-worker who's 43 the other day and noticed these inch-long ear hairs sprouting all over the place. Ugh.

Back