Fable 2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Malibu, May 12, 2008.

1. Malibu

Regular

2. Scott_Arm

Legend

Sounds cool. I wonder what the glimpse into the future will be? They've basically stated that the next game in the series won't be an rpg.

New dog breeds (I want a cat) is pretty cool.

I still wish they'd improve the co-op experience to allow people to bring their real avatars into the game. I understand the decision not to do this, but it would be cool.

3. Chris123234

Regular

I finished Mass Effect like a year and a half ago, and that was after it was already out for a while. Get with the times man, you're so not hip to the jive, baby.

4. BadTB25

Veteran

Just don't have enough time with work and school.
    Somethings got to give.

5. green.pixel

Veteran

6. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

7. Tap In

Legend

Price drop retail to $39.99

8. Malibu

Regular

New Fable II DLC gets date and price

New video diary

[gt]48672[/gt]

Oakvale :smile:

9. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Quite looking forward to this. Should be fun :)

10. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Who's the king at the very end there :!:

Definitely getting this. 560 points seems like a good price point (if a bit awkward, but conspiracy theorist in me says it's got to do with adding 500 points over Live to your account. :| )

11. Scott_Arm

Legend

The See the Future thing is supposed to be out now. Anyone play it?

12. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

I'll have it when I get home tonight. Heard it's short but the Colessium is well done and even challenging with good replay value.

13. BadTB25

Veteran

Yup, there is a free version here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1/

I'll have to delete my demo of Halo Wars to get it:cry:

To play it for free in co-op, your friend must have the purchased version. Otherwise it can't be played as a standalone.

14. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I think I'll play this on the weekend. Always end up tired when I get home.

15. Scott_Arm

Legend

Seems great so far. So far there is one "puzzle" or thread in the story I haven't figured out. I've completed two of the three cursed items.

Edit: Apparently the game hit 2.6 million copies in March!

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/fable-ii-sells-26-million-future-dlc-confirmed/?biz=1

Oh, and my dog has dug up two hero dolls since I started playing the new expansion. Maybe they opened things up to be a little easier for the hero dog achievement?

#335 Scott_Arm, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  16. Scott_Arm

Legend

You can get your dog back in the previous DLC, Knothole island. I' don't know if you can get it back in this one or not?

17. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

The game will still have a golden trail when you select the quest, iirc. It kinda defeats the purpose of being attached to the dog, but it was one of the things I noticed.

18. Scott_Arm

Legend

Wow ... that was short. Went home at lunch and realized I was already at the end. Haven't done the coliseum though. That should be good.

19. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Just ran into my first two bugs last night. I got the one during The Rescue where your little bastard child gets zombified and stuck in the corner and won't follow you out.

Then I went back to the house to execute the mother and she had mysteriously changed from a weapons dealer to a gifts dealer. That did nothing to improve her chances of living, by the way.

On another note, I found it interesting that reading the reviews for Knothole Island (which I just started.. completed the quest to make it rain), nobody really mentioned the emphasis on puzzles.

I "finished" Fable II without encountering any real puzzles, it was only when I started to back through I hit some side quests with those silly switches you have shoot, etc.

I guess they figure combat with maxed characters isn't much of a challenge so they have to do something, and what they've chosen is puzzles. Is the 'See the Future' expansion mostly puzzle based as well?

20. Scott_Arm

Legend

See the Future is very short. There is a little bit of puzzling to find a couple of the dyes and a few weird special items.

I had one of my first bugs in the coliseum. There was a bug that was invincible, so my time pretty much ran down. It just flew around and around, but I couldn't shoot it or anything. Robert got stuck in a table or something and couldn't get out, forcing him to fast travel and lose his progress. That would be annoying.

I need to get one more bear in the coliseum, which seems hard. Other than that, I think I've completed everything in the expansion. Only a few more achievements for me to do in all of Fable2.

Oh, and my guy is outrageously invincible now. I have a master katana with ghoul, devastation, fire and some other "do more, take less" augment. That and Hal's rifle pretty much own everything. I had to give away my super legendary sword to Robert because I lost his when my power went out at home. That was complete BS.

To beat the coliseum
    and kill the necromancer guy, just put time in slot 3, and inferno in slot 5. You can do the time spell and have time to do the inferno just before your time spell runs out. The time spell will slow down the clock in the coliseum. Rinse and repeat. You have to kill the banshee with with more than a minute in time remaining for the necromancer to show up. My strat for the banshee was to do the time spell, run straight at her and then do inferno. Usually the inferno would kill the little kid thingies and then still hit her. Then I'd finish her off with Hal's rifle. I could take her down in 10 to 15 seconds. If you want the achievement for 10x multiplier, just do the same thing with time and inferno, but sprint for the switches and take them out as fast as possible. Level 1 time is good for that too, to teleport towards them quickly.

#340 Scott_Arm, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009