Excruciating mathametics

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Not really, just a whole slew of pointer arithmetic.

Just kicked myself off a little so I can finish my OpenGL assignment which is due in on the week after next week.
I've only just started.

I had fun rewriting the wheel for every slight piece of maths there is that's involved in 3D graphics and I've yet to implement my physics stuff.

Please tell me there are standard libraries(like STL) that do every kind of vector, matrix and scalar operation?

K.I.L.E.R said:
Not really, just a whole slew of pointer arithmetic.

Just kicked myself off a little so I can finish my OpenGL assignment which is due in on the week after next week.
I've only just started.

I had fun rewriting the wheel for every slight piece of maths there is that's involved in 3D graphics and I've yet to implement my physics stuff.

Please tell me there are standard libraries(like STL) that do every kind of vector, matrix and scalar operation?
Probably. If it's just "C" then there are the ones that came with Graphics Gems. I think they are available on the net.

There are plenty of open source libs for that, just look in the usual websites for them. The big problem is not finding them, though, it's choosing one that works the way you like. Some are procedural, other overly OO, even 100% templated classes. I wouldn't care for the optimized for speed ones, unless you're doing some heavy operations. Clean, simple designs are easier to plug in your code.

I also believe you can use the D3D math libraries (together with GL_ARB_TRANSPOSE_MATRIX) but don't quote me on that.

Back